Trak3

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not really a song, this is just more of a sound experiment track.

https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/trak3
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:borg:

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 8
Mix - 5

Overall - 6.25

Comments: Low end is horribly distorted. EQ and limiting is your friend. Musically, close to Vurt scale material but not quite. Synth sounds are cool but low end so dominates the piece that it distracts from everything else. Then it sounds like you cut off the end.

@Wagtunes

Not sure what to think seeing how this was more of a sound experiment than an actual attempt at music. I suppose I should have posted that with the link, anyways I'll be uploading more of my sound experiments later on. If I post an actual attempt at song writing i'll post that.

As for the low end being distorted, it was actually meant to be like that. I used saturation on that sound you're hearing and it's intentionally supposed to be like that. I could have spent more time and ran an EQ on it, and maybe ran it through a bus compressor, etc but I didn't feel it was worth the time. As for mixing when I put my mind to it, I can craft very good mixes and have the tools for it trust me.

Not all of us want to post our "music" on KVR in the hope of getting noticed/feedback etc. Some of us just like to share our sound experiments with other sound designers / sonic experimentalists. And I think that's fine.

V0RT3X wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 am @Wagtunes

Not sure what to think seeing how this was more of a sound experiment than an actual attempt at music. I suppose I should have posted that with the link, anyways I'll be uploading more of my sound experiments later on. If I post an actual attempt at song writing i'll post that.

As for the low end being distorted, it was actually meant to be like that. I used saturation on that sound you're hearing and it's intentionally supposed to be like that. I could have spent more time and ran an EQ on it, and maybe ran it through a bus compressor, etc but I didn't feel it was worth the time. As for mixing when I put my mind to it, I can craft very good mixes and have the tools for it trust me.

Not all of us want to post our "music" on KVR in the hope of getting noticed/feedback etc. Some of us just like to share our sound experiments with other sound designers / sonic experimentalists. And I think that's fine.
Ah, well you see, that explains everything. But I had no way of knowing that unless I missed something in your original post. If you give members little or no information, they can only give feedback based on their perception of what they "think" you were trying to do.

I will make note of that for the future and avoid commenting on any further tracks of yours.

Return to “Music Cafe”