[fitchy] Laidback tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D this isn't for my cd.. it's for something else.. but have a listen and if you feel like commenting,,..

well.. that's up to you :D

http://www.fitchsounds.com/MP3s/Laidback.mp3

Coooool....though as with previous track I would LOVE to hear a plain version :oops:

Great work!

You have more talent in one of your fingernail clippings than I have in my entire being. ;)

My only other comment is that I sometimes felt the snare from the main rhythm motif to be a bit static and a smidge too loud... possibly too dry, as well, though it's hard to tell at this stage.

All the reversey-sounding bits are excellent. I stated in another thread that I'm not much into ambient, and I'm not sure if this qualifies (it seems to, but I don't know from genres), but because it contains strong rhythmic and melodic elements, I'm a happy listener.

It's about that snare, though... :D

Thanks for sharing,
Greg

Very nice :) Like the reversed stuff, and the strings. I agree with the comments about the snare. The bassline is a little lost too.

Nice chilled piece though :)

mmm time to work on that snare then :D

ta guys..

the reversed guitar is.. spectrasonics Bizarre Guitar..

bass is the acoustic bass from Trilogy

the loops are from Stylus and Metamorphosis

bit of a spectrasonics gig this :D

the strings are all VSL

fitch wrote:bass is the acoustic bass from Trilogy
I knew it 8)

Oh, Bizzare Guitar ROCKS!!!

I'd agree with the previous comment re. the slightly buried bassline - but that aside, great stuff as per usual! 8)

cooool. I'd love to hear Allan Holdsworth slobber all over this one.

The drums coming in again at 2:59 worked really well for me as did the second syncopated kick at 00:20. It really thumps there as far as surprise goes (it could be fatter though), and I think a zesty open hat there on the second one (one that closes off just right) could really set that off even more. It's a funk thing, ya know? ;-)

Nice array of sounds. Very memorable piece really. Thanks for postin'. :)

Ahhhhh, purely delightful as expected. And of course you know I'm dying to hear that new CD when it's ready... :) 8)
Hell, I'd love to let my guitar slobber all over this one! Claire, give me a call... :D

(not that I could ever play 1/100000000 as good as Holdsworth, but... :D :lol:)

Har wrote:Ahhhhh, purely delightful as expected. And of course you know I'm dying to hear that new CD when it's ready... :) 8)
Hell, I'd love to let my guitar slobber all over this one! Claire, give me a call... :D

(not that I could ever play 1/100000000 as good as Holdsworth, but... :D :lol:)
You're every bit as good as Holdsworth in your own way, man.

Beautiful as always Claire. Thanks for sharing it with us. I wouldn't change a single thing on this track.

No offense intended Fitch, but your music sounds like it was made by a male performer (i.e. the drums, fx, synths). This is not a criticism, but it's very unique to hear this sort of great music coming from a lady :)

Bleh, what am I trying to say here? An Irish female cellist making stuff like this is sort of very non stereotypical, which is refreshing to say the least.

More please?

sdta wrote:No offense intended Fitch, but your music sounds like it was made by a male performer (i.e. the drums, fx, synths). This is not a criticism, but it's very unique to hear this sort of great music coming from a lady :)

Bleh, what am I trying to say here? An Irish female cellist making stuff like this is sort of very non stereotypical, which is refreshing to say the least.

More please?
Only one thing comes to mind after a comment like this one. :lol:

hmmm the lady with the cello is constantly teasing with mentions of a new cd :D

just turned 5 am here and this tune is working pefect 8)

I agree with the comments about the snare. But I wouldn't change a thing about the bass.

:wink:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Return to “Music Cafe”