My latest cinematic/symphonic project

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Here is my latest project called "The Melody in Me" - started with some piano motifs and later the orchestra "virtually" took part in.

I used The Grandeur for piano, NI Symphonic Series mainly for orchestral stuff.
Reaper for arranging and mixing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2rVHuxHdew

Thanks for watching this!

Excellent. Loved the introduction in a subtle way of the strings @1:08, and at 3:00 woodwinds. @4:20+ I don't know if its my headphones or not, but mid-range frequencies seems to get a bit busy.
Of all the genres, orchestral takes the most work to get it right, so I appreciate the labor you've invested in this. :tu:

Beautifully played. Nice touch.
Agree with Bansaw about the subtle introduction of strings etc. Very cool!
Sounds great on my little audioengine monitors.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Really enjoyed listening - it is very pleasant, creates a clear mood and would work well with visuals.

Two slightly negative reactions from me / my professional son (with our 'out there' music tastes):

It is quite cliched in its ideas and sounds like a lot of other similar pieces - in no danger of being called original or innovative, although that is not necessarily a bad thing at all - certainly makes it sellable! :)

Like a lot of MIDI based orchestral pieces the sound quality collapses significantly once it goes 'big' - towards the end in this case. To my old lugs that section did not work well as a mix - balance seemed all over the place with everything competing for space. (Unlike the rest which was well done)
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Reminds me of every movie soundtrack of its type that I've ever heard. And like what was said above, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It certainly does make it commercial. As far as the arrangement getting big and "falling apart" not sure I agree entirely but it does suffer a bit. Not sure what needs to be done as I am no expert, but the big sections, mix wise, have problems. Like 10 pounds of ham trying to be shoved into a 5 pound bag. Like it's being squeezed and its eyes are bugging out of its head. It needs some air to breath and I'm not quite sure how to do that. Maybe a bigger reverb space. Maybe spread the instruments out more. Right now, it's just a little too much.

Return to “Music Cafe”