January Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy 2019! Any thoughts on a topic for the new year?

Happiness

Take an unfinished or unsubmitted track from KVR Contest.

Asian style.

Bread and butter
Last edited by Hellfog on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Since it's a new year - do something in a style new to you, or use an instrument or technique you haven't used in a song previously.

Fingerpicking, on the 'classical' guitar - noooooooo

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:29 pm Since it's a new year - do something in a style new to you, or use an instrument or technique you haven't used in a song previously.

Fingerpicking, on the 'classical' guitar - noooooooo

That's actually an interesting theme.

My vote

In other words: do something you are not good at?
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Maybe, just maybe, I could agree on 'Happiness'. And maybe let everything else be totally free. No restrictions whatsoever in January.

per99 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:53 pm In other words: do something you are not good at?
I see what you did here: trying to lure Wagtunes back in :lol:

I'm mean as it pertains to winning this silly contest, Wagtunes. :hug:

There's nothing I haven't done. In 40 years of songwriting I have done it all. So DT's suggestion disqualifies me from this contest, not that I had any intention of returning anyway.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:40 pm There's nothing I haven't done. In 40 years of songwriting I have done it all. So DT's suggestion disqualifies me from this contest, not that I had any intention of returning anyway.
Have you conducted an all-female string quartet who play Rush covers in the nude?

Jonny Quest wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:03 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:40 pm There's nothing I haven't done. In 40 years of songwriting I have done it all. So DT's suggestion disqualifies me from this contest, not that I had any intention of returning anyway.
Have you conducted an all-female string quartet who play Rush covers in the nude?

:lol:

Jonny Quest wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:03 pm
Just before we were all arrested for indecent exposure. I was told never to take off my clothes in public again.

per99 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:53 pm In other words: do something you are not good at?
Nah, just something you haven't done before. I mentioned the classical guitar just because I've never used it on a song, always been steel string acoustics.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:40 pm Nah, just something you haven't done before. I mentioned the classical guitar just because I've never used it on a song, always been steel string acoustics.
There was also the suggestion to do something in a new style. Anyway, if this new / different component could be a minor one - one that doesn't totally dominate the whole song - maybe it's a good idea. And if my earlier suggestion to let everything else be free is not accepted, how about a blues competition? That would in fact be new to me, strangely enough, although of course I've heard about a million blues songs. So it probably wouldn't be impossible to come up with a blues entry. Let's say four and a half minute, this time.

I could do blues.
Just a matter of chosing real or virtual instrument.
If you go blues, count me in.
If i sing it would be in Swedish. Is that ok?

Return to “Music Cafe”