Some Cool Shiznit

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

experimental.crow wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Samuel_S wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:35 pm
lessera wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:16 pm I have no problem with the sound itself, just wondering why you feel the need to include 30 seconds of it at the end.
No, you don't understand, it does it AUTOMATICALLY when I render my tracks.
get yourself a nice audio editor ...
there are several free ones ...

edit add :
i see steven already addressed this above ...
I use Audacity, but I'm not real good at actual audio editing.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 5

Overall - 6

Comments: Sounds like a loop played over and over for the first almost 2 minutes. Then it stops briefly and then it starts back up again with a little variation. Vocal sample breaks it up a bit, I guess. Pad does sound nice. Just not enough to carry somewhat monotonous track. Musically, there really isn't much to this. It's more like background music. For me, the beat and the pads just don't work together. It feels like one or the other was just thrown in, depending on what you started with. Given how little variation is in this track, 5 minutes plus is just way too long. This was a 2 minute track tops. As for getting rid of the last 30 seconds, which is absolutely not needed, bring the wav file into Audacity after done rendering and just cut the end OR start a fade out around 4:55 or so. Then cut off the silence after the fade out ends. All in all, lifeless track. Of course, just my 2 cents so take it for what it's worth to you.
Yeah, thanks for your 2 cents.

Samuel_S wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Samuel_S wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:35 pm
lessera wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:16 pm I have no problem with the sound itself, just wondering why you feel the need to include 30 seconds of it at the end.
No, you don't understand, it does it AUTOMATICALLY when I render my tracks.
get yourself a nice audio editor ...
there are several free ones ...

edit add :
i see steven already addressed this above ...
I use Audacity, but I'm not real good at actual audio editing.
practice ...
ask questions ... watch some vids ...
you won't regret it ...

lets get the views on this thread to 5000 so people will think its as good as a Frantz tune! :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:55 am lets get the views on this thread to 5000 so people will think its as good as a Frantz tune! :idea:
who's Frantz? Also I'm not real optimistic about this anymore thanks to Wagtunes' review

Samuel_S wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:57 pm
layzer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:55 am lets get the views on this thread to 5000 so people will think its as good as a Frantz tune! :idea:
who's Frantz? Also I'm not real optimistic about this anymore thanks to Wagtunes' review
Frantz?

the most famous kvr music forum user.
8)

My comments shouldn't have any affect on your own feelings about your own music. Either you believe in yourself and what you're doing or you don't.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:10 pm
My comments shouldn't have any affect on your own feelings about your own music. Either you believe in yourself and what you're doing or you don't.
Well it shouldn't, you're correct. I'm gonna say it's anxiety. The feeling of everyone saying "yeah it's cool and I like it" is pleasing but of course you'd come in saying it's a 6 and with a paragraph long description on why it is, of course it will change a man from optimistic to shameful.
I'm not saying you should be softer, in fact, such a low score means I must be doing something wrong, but what I'm saying is explaining why I decided to address your review.

layzer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm
Frantz?

the most famous kvr music forum user.
8)
So what are his tunes like?

Quite enjoyed this. Nice sounds and lovely sub bass. Pretty good mix too. I'm just not too keen on the Izotope Vinyl and I'm not quite sure that it really needs it. Definitely sounds like something I'd of mixed on my 1210's back in the day. Love all the old good looking records stuff. Also there's no Amen in this (not that it matters), definitely not the actual classic, Amen brother break by the Winstons anyways. Good work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 pm Quite enjoyed this. Nice sounds and lovely sub bass. Pretty good mix too. I'm just not too keen on the Izotope Vinyl and I'm not quite sure that it really needs it. Definitely sounds like something I'd of mixed on my 1210's back in the day. Love all the old good looking records stuff. Also there's no Amen in this (not that it matters), definitely not the actual classic, Amen brother break by the Winstons anyways. Good work! :tu:
Yeah you're right, maybe the I.V. plugin is kind of useless, I tried to make it sound vintage, hence the hum, vinyl clicks and slight wow/flutter. I think it would've done justice with chopped Amens after the 2nd drop (2:26) but I could substitute something else in there.
One question, If it is, say, somewhat incomplete according to one's personal take on it, can I request for it to be reworked or remixed in some way for maximum potential?

lmao, ppl keep saying theres no amen break in it, it may not be THE EXACT drum loop, but anything break beat speeded up 2X, what i sometimes call chipmunk speed sounds like it to me.
its like back in the day when i first played a 33 record at 78 speed, i got a laugh
out of it and the thrill wore out quickly, and i continued playing the records at the right speed.
call me OCD for prefering things to sound correct.
so whatever. :roll:

Samuel_S wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm So what are his tunes like?
Frantz sounds like Milli Vanilli unplugged. :oops:

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 am
I'll take a dozen CDs then please. :hyper:

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 am
and he looks like them too, well... in his videos anyway.
its his voice, but not him in his videos.
Last edited by layzer on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”