Sharks and Recreation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know what to call this exactly, but if you do listen thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/user-816600947/s ... ss-magnets
Last edited by seangm on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

music is good, and the vocals have a heavy phil collins type processing (the processing being heavy, not phil collins himself). Some may find them over processed but imho it works with the music. guitar solo was a little long... i kept anticipating more vocals to come in.. lol overall, good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks man! I thought maybe the guitar solo was going on a little long but it's hard to tell with your own stuff what works and what doesn't sometimes (at least for me). Good advice, I think I'll go back and edit stuff down and add the vocals back in at some point to wrap things up. Thanks again for the feedback

when you do lay the vocals back in, try putting a stereo widening effect after your reverb or if your reverb has a wide control, max it to widen the space a little...BUT mix it with the dry signal to keep them centered and focused.
i think the reverb sounds a little narrow and boxy as it is now. rock on!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I enjoyed this track, has a nice retro vibe to it. Some good tips from layzer that will help this track and yes the guitar solo is a touch long :) but it's easy to get carried away when you have a good underpin of chords and drums. Good job :tu:
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Getting me motivated to work on this today

Return to “Music Cafe”