very pleased with this one, let me know what you think guys! appreciate any feedback as always.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excellent, wonderful, 2 thumbs up :tu: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks Layzer! appreciate that mate!

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: If Layzer loves something then I have to listen to it. Interesting intro. Pleasant enough musically. Decent mix. But 2.5 minutes in I'm still waiting for this thing to go somewhere. Suddenly, 3 minutes in we do a 180? Seems a bit out of place. But eventually settles back in. I'm liking this but it's missing that something to take it over the top. Still, like the mix of sounds and those vocals. Real or samples? Anyway, I like it. I don't think I'm as crazy about it as Layzer but it's very good. Just falls short of a 10.

Very much enjoyed this. Thanks for posting it!
A well-behaved signature.

very nice. definitely feel the orbital and underworld influence. well done. I only wish I could do that...

wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:45 pm I don't think I'm as crazy about it as Layzer but it's very good. Just falls short of a 10.
well, the fact that i'm a mix and mastering enthusiast more than a composition
sort such as yourself, that comes as no surprise.
my composition skills are far behind my production skills
so people can take in my composition observations with a grain of pepper.

what really stood out for me on this track was the great, immersive stage environment.
i don't hear that very often here.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

And so you should be pleased with this track, lovely wide open mix and each element has its own place in the soundstage. I enjoyed listening to this one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Wow! thanks for all the kind words guys, very much appreciated!

Oh yeah, in answer to the sample question the first vocal is one I retuned and changed in Vari audio from one of the earlier tracks on my stream (kill the one you love) the second female vocal is a loopcloud sample treated in the same way. cheers

Nice sounding mix, I like the breakdown sections with the overlapping vocals and cool vocal effects. The FM sounding arpeggio stuff going on in the middle is really nice also. Overall it stays pretty chill and sets a cool mood, I like it

Very nice work ! Love the sounds and the mix, really fine feel throughout.

Really enjoyable music, thanks for sharing.

Best,

dp

Return to “Music Cafe”