The Way It Is

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Karma_tba on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you comping your vocals? To me it sounds like you haven't cut together the best parts of multiple takes. In parts you sound rushed and as if you haven't had time to breathe between phrases.

The vocals are also getting lost behind the music. Compression on the vox to keep the level more consistent would go a long way, as would raising the volume as well.

sjm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:46 pm Are you comping your vocals? To me it sounds like you haven't cut together the best parts of multiple takes. In parts you sound rushed and as if you haven't had time to breathe between phrases.

The vocals are also getting lost behind the music. Compression on the vox to keep the level more consistent would go a long way, as would raising the volume as well.
If I sound like I'm struggling to breath, it's because I am. My breathing issues are as a result of Cancer/COPD. I'm sure you are right about the technical stuff, I am not in the caliber of "triple threat" (1.musician/2.singer/songwriter/3.engineer) I don't aspire to that. I don't take any of this seriously, at 66 with the Cancer clock ticking ( inoperable/incurable) I doubt if I have pop star on my bucket list. I've passed my expiration date so I just need something to occupy the time. Thanks for the input and the listen, for what its worth.

i listened to some of the tracks that are posted here, i couldn't listen to them, they didn't "catch" me, perhaps one but my mood is somehow not compatible.
this track i listened.

i like the vocals, the music isn't my thing, but your vocals changed the whole feeling of the number. a vocal can change a number, and this time in good way. i enjoyed it.

and your post above this post, touches me. i hope the clock will tick slowly, and that you find pleasure in making music, and all the other things that can give you pleasure.

Karma - nice work
best of luck to you and your family on your journey going forward

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Music Cafe”