vurt - people say im crazy... (electro acoustic space noise!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:lol:

:hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt,
Thank you for the reviews! Your comments made me think of a couple of brief stories. It could of been this forum, or some other forum, but someone had a screen name of "tame impala" reviewed a song of mine, and I had never heard of that group before. After a google search, I saw that Tame Impala was a group that was popular in Australia, and thought that someone from Tame Impala had reviewed my music. Later Tame Impala got some radio play in Los Angeles. I later thought that it wasn't really someone from that group, but maybe it was! You also mentioned Alice Cooper. In 1984, I played at Gazzarri's in Hollywood; Alice Cooper had played at that venue earlier. Later I met someone on the internet that said they ran into Alice Cooper at a mall in Southern California, and Alice was shopping for underwear. The image of that cracks me up. Now your recording: in the mid 70's, (I was about roughly 14 then) I bought a 12" Disney vinyl album with nothing but Halloween sound effects. I was into that stuff for a while. Your recording made me think of that. Not sure if your recording is purely a synth with various effects (delay and reverb I'm guessing), or sounds like an electric saw with the sounds going through delay and reverb effects? I'm pretty sure your recording was not meant to be musical, unless you are into 100% industrial 'music' (I had a girlfriend long ago that was into that stuff: purely mechanical noises). Your recording conjures up images of Grade B science fiction/horror movies from the 60's or older (my wife's grandparents worked on a couple of those theatrically released movies, including a big budget movie from Disney; but that's a whole different story). Interesting sounds. Are you from a particular state or country? I'm always curious where people are from when they review my music.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

This could be from the original War of the Worlds or another very old sci-fi movie where aliens attack. Remember the good old days when aliens were bug eyed, came in flying saucers, and had proper ray guns.

Nice job on this soundscape.

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm Now your recording: in the mid 70's, (I was about roughly 14 then)
i honestly would not have pegged you at that age, from your recordings. i thought maybe early 20s possibly 30ish.
well, assuming that's you singing? :hihi:
I bought a 12" Disney vinyl album with nothing but Halloween sound effects. I was into that stuff for a while.
my gf thinks im weird because i will sit listening to cds of early doctor who sound fx or any old sci fi stuff :D
Your recording made me think of that.
8)
that's my aim really. i love all those old movies, and i just find the sounds comforting, like returning to a childhood :)

Not sure if your recording is purely a synth with various effects (delay and reverb I'm guessing), or sounds like an electric saw with the sounds going through delay and reverb effects?

100% modular synth, the delays and spring reverbs are all part of the rig.
i do sometimes add either fx pedals before i hit the computer, or sometimes plug ins.
just the fx are all fairly new, so im in that honeymoon period where you don't touch anything else :hihi:

I'm pretty sure your recording was not meant to be musical, unless you are into 100% industrial 'music' (I had a girlfriend long ago that was into that stuff: purely mechanical noises). Your recording conjures up images of Grade B science fiction/horror movies from the 60's or older
not musical in a song or hey lets dance fashion, but as you say in a could be in one of those old scifi films where its the bubbling machinery and robots sound fx making a musical ensemble :D
(my wife's grandparents worked on a couple of those theatrically released movies, including a big budget movie from Disney; but that's a whole different story).
my auntie and her feller have done some production work over the years, not disney but they where both involved with gerry anderson at some point :)

Interesting sounds.

and thanks for listening 8)
Are you from a particular state or country? I'm always curious where people are from when they review my music.
im from the uk, north west, england to be precise.

Frantz wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:19 am This could be from the original War of the Worlds or another very old sci-fi movie where aliens attack. Remember the good old days when aliens were bug eyed, came in flying saucers, and had proper ray guns.
:borg:

thanks 8) its great that people are getting the right vibe, im clearly doing something right :hihi:
Nice job on this soundscape.
:oops: that was the word my brain couldn't find to answer whether i viewed the piece as music :hihi:

thanks for listening, as well as jogging my addled brain 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”