[HIP HOP] Struggle game

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just finished mixing this joint , simple groove with a rly cool melody to vibe with :phones: .
I like to use a lot of compression and saturation on the master but this time i didn't overkill it.
I rly wanted the kick and the snare to snap ( avoiding ear bleeding tho ) I think it came out good.
Let me know whassup

https://soundcloud.com/ldkitz/struggle-game

My Feedback

Music - 3
Instruments - 7
Performance - 6
Mix - 8

Overall - 6

Comments: Intro too long for a 2:32 track. Oh wait, it's not an intro. That's the song. So you play a loop over and over for 2 and a half minutes. I guess that's what passes for music today. You know, I'm not a big hip hop fan but back in the day when hip hop first started and it became mainstream in our area, there was a lot more to it than this. This track was basically done after 30 seconds. By 2 minutes, you're sick to death of it. Oh well. Scored accordingly.

it needs snoop dougie dawg rapping, or butthead reciting the constitution... something to
hold interest.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm My Feedback

Music - 3
Instruments - 7
Performance - 6
Mix - 8

Overall - 6

Comments: Intro too long for a 2:32 track. Oh wait, it's not an intro. That's the song. So you play a loop over and over for 2 and a half minutes. I guess that's what passes for music today. You know, I'm not a big hip hop fan but back in the day when hip hop first started and it became mainstream in our area, there was a lot more to it than this. This track was basically done after 30 seconds. By 2 minutes, you're sick to death of it. Oh well. Scored accordingly.
Good to know I did a decent job with the mix , thx for the feedback

I like this very much, cool feel and nice mix, but it needs to go off somewhere and it kind of remains grounded. Unfinished vibe.

Wopelka wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:55 am I like this very much, cool feel and nice mix, but it needs to go off somewhere and it kind of remains grounded. Unfinished vibe.
Thx for the feedback
Got you , i wanted to add an airy synth mid verse that would continue for the chorus as well , but i don't like the sounds in the library of my DAW.
The vibe isn't unfinished tho.. what u meant was maybe that it needs some sort of a break mid track.
The track isn't supposed to stay as an instrumental tho... so it is what it is.

i post the occasional "teaser bit" (big sounds) :hihi:
nothing wrong with that. we all
like feedback. but i try to squeeze in stuff that shows some serious
effort went into it more often. i think people appreciate it more than
a quick Stuart from mad tv "look what i can do" drive bye.

but then we get the occasional noob that litters
the place with little unfinished silky segments.
and we saw the drama that stirred and how long that lasted.

sounds pretty good but does sound an awful lot like a loop played over and over. Why not make it more interesting? Sounds good though what you got so far.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It is a pretty good loop tho.. isn't it?
In all seriousness , i don't understand what you mean by "effort" rly..Y'all talking like i took a bunch of loops and put it all together.
I don't have to "squeeze in stuff" just to prove someone that i worked hard on a track that's some stupid talk right there.
If it took me 30 seconds or 1 week to make the beat shouldn't matter , if its good its good.
I liked what i had and that's it , i felt like it didn't needed much else.
If y'all don't like it i respect that but keep that effort bullshiet out of here pls..

And here we go. IBTL

relax, man i said theres nothing wrong with it...... on occasion...
and i haven't seen you post for a while, so its all good.
it is after all the MUSIC cafe, not the fruity LOOP cafe. :idea:

For me a beat (i.e. Rap instrumental) can totally live on its own with a well chosen sample, e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLgr2h4CQI

and I think you have a good taste choosing samples (also gave the other beats on your Soundcloud a listen). :tu:

I'm just gonna say this. If you don't want people to give their honest opinion on something, don't post your music. Because that's the only way it's going to happen. Trust me. I've been torn to shreds here and it's made me a better mixer. Ask Layzer. He'll tell you.

Don't put words in my mouth , i respect everybody's opinion till a certain level.
I didn't said anything when u and layzer went all sarcastic in the first posts , that's just being an asshole to someone who's just asking for feedback , i know y'all don't like hiphop but cmon.. didn't expect this hate rly..

LDKitz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:31 pm Don't put words in my mouth , i respect everybody's opinion till a certain level.
I didn't said anything when u and layzer went all sarcastic in the first posts , that's just being an asshole to someone who's just asking for feedback , i know y'all don't like hiphop but cmon.. didn't expect this hate rly..
Man, there's no hate. It's a loop. And it gets boring after a while. We're not the only 2 who have said it. The song was over at 30 seconds. And no, I'm not a hip hop hater.

This is great hip-hop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU

Return to “Music Cafe”