What People Used To Do - electronic, dark

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8

Comments: Some of the low mids are WAY too much. Needs some serious EQ there in sections. Musically, it's okay. The synth sounds are cool. But some of them really need EQing. The change around 2 minutes kind of drastic especially for such a short piece. Overall, track seems a bit disjointed. Doesn't really know what it wants to be.

Would agree with extra clarity needed in the mix.
I liked the section at the 2m mark where it turned kind of ethnic. Perhaps it should have been ethnic-industrial from the start. That would have been unique.

the music itself is pretty cool. nice futuristic vibe..
mix is indeed low-mid heavy as well as lacking in high end sizzle with
peaks in the dreaded 5khz zone.
there seems to be a "valley" in the mids which could be
a contributing factor in the mid-lows being over emphasized.
it can also use more sub lows in the 50-60hz
freq's :borg:

complimentary free freq spec analysis:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

You have had some valuable feedback on the mix so I will just talk about the track. I enjoyed this one and there is some nice synth sounds with a touch of sizzle. I also like the contrast when the Indian Sitar/Tabla sounds cames in. If you fix the mix I believe you have a really nice track on your hands - nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Thanks a lot for the comments (and the graph) ! It's really much appreciated ! I noted them down and have decided to give it another go in the coming week. Thanks again !

Cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”