New progressive hip-hop/neo-soul track.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried to get some neo-soul vibe going with the guitar, but I like this more as a low tempo hip-hop instrumental, or even background for poetry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYrsWb8Flk

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 6

Overall - 7.25

Comments: Well that's different for this place. Nice guitar and trumpet. The tremolo back and forth between speakers made me sea sick. Too extreme. Don't listen to this with headphones guys. That, essentially ruined the piece for me and I had to turn it off at the 2 minute mark. Melodically, could use some more development but still better than a lot of the stuff posted here with no melody at all. Get rid of the extreme tremolo and I'll listen all the way through.

Thanks for checking it out. If I submit it for any projects, or make any further use of it, I'll give a listen to the tremelo and reduce or drop it if it's simply too much. On the plus side, I'm getting better at playing Orange Tree guitars(used the steel string) and Sample Modeling's Trumpet. Started with the guitar riff with a basic preset patch and no keyswitches. Trumpet, I just played straight through the song and kept the parts I liked. So yeah, I'm content with the progress for this one.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:39 pm Thanks for checking it out. If I submit it for any projects, or make any further use of it, I'll give a listen to the tremelo and reduce or drop it if it's simply too much. On the plus side, I'm getting better at playing Orange Tree guitars(used the steel string) and Sample Modeling's Trumpet. Started with the guitar riff with a basic preset patch and no keyswitches. Trumpet, I just played straight through the song and kept the parts I liked. So yeah, I'm content with the progress for this one.
Sample Modeling? Wow, that trumpet sounds really good. I'm impressed.

Don't loose the tremolo, it gives the whole piece hypnotic feel and just enhances the vibe of whole drum beat, giving it nice bounce, it had me nodding and enjoying whole piece even more, it would be pure vanilla without it, which would bore me to death, that is the actual hook in my opinion and reason why this piece even works.

I really liked the vibe of this. You're quite skilled.
Don't know if it'd work as a backdrop for poetry unless the poetry could be put into a similar meter.
Good though - looking forward to hearing more.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm
Straight2Vinyl wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:39 pm Thanks for checking it out. If I submit it for any projects, or make any further use of it, I'll give a listen to the tremelo and reduce or drop it if it's simply too much. On the plus side, I'm getting better at playing Orange Tree guitars(used the steel string) and Sample Modeling's Trumpet. Started with the guitar riff with a basic preset patch and no keyswitches. Trumpet, I just played straight through the song and kept the parts I liked. So yeah, I'm content with the progress for this one.
Sample Modeling? Wow, that trumpet sounds really good. I'm impressed.
They are pretty awesome. I think this is the first time I included any keyswitches for note off messages. They work great for those stabby sort of notes especially. I think the Trombone should be my next purchase whenever I have funds again.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am I really liked the vibe of this. You're quite skilled.
Don't know if it'd work as a backdrop for poetry unless the poetry could be put into a similar meter.
Good though - looking forward to hearing more.
A spoken word artist might be able to do it, but yeah an emcee would work best for sure performing soemthing reflective.
And thanks, I have a bunch of stuff in the works right now, so I'll post it whenever things are finally complete.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 pm Don't loose the tremolo, it gives the whole piece hypnotic feel and just enhances the vibe of whole drum beat, giving it nice bounce, it had me nodding and enjoying whole piece even more, it would be pure vanilla without it, which would bore me to death, that is the actual hook in my opinion and reason why this piece even works.
Noted and glad you liked it. The drums are really simple, so if it's helping the groove that's important.

Return to “Music Cafe”