90s Rock Ballad

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear KVR friends! For many years I had this Rock Ballad turning up in my head once in a while. I don't know the group, artist, song name, lyrics, or anything. All I know is the tune stuck in my head and it drives me nuts. So I got the idea to make my own quick and dirty recording, hoping that someone here at KVR can tell me the title and/or artist so I can find this song. Sorry for the quality of this snippet but I didn't put much effort into making it pretty :D Many thanks for your help to identify this song.

https://soundcloud.com/atn69/90s-rock-ballad/s-DKitD
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Sorry, don't recognize it. Sounds pretty generic actually. Could be just about anything from the 80s or 90s. But then again, most of the stuff from that era could have been just about anything.

I don't recognize it at but possibly sounds Phil Collins like. Probably not Journey though they also mined that vein.

I had to play a lot of pop ballads for a living back then (along with numerous dreary uptempo pop ditties) but never much liked to listen or play slow tempo given a choice.

Maybe someone here paid closer attention to the ballads and would know.

Thanks guys. I agree that this song sound quite generic and it sure is a product of the 90's era. I been spending time on Youtube, listening to hundreds of Rock Ballads, just trying to find the one I am looking for. So far unsuccessful. I think the reason to why this particular song is bothering my memory is because the singer voice. I like his voice a lot. Unfortunately I can't remember any of the lyrics.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Reminds me of something from Miami Vice, maybe too early.
Richard Marx or Marc Cohn, maybe?
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 pm Reminds me of something from Miami Vice, maybe too early.
Its funny you said that, because the first song that came to mind after a few bars of the lead guitar was Crockett's Theme by Jan Hammer.

EDIT: Just read your second post that mentioned a singer... Not the song I was thinking of then.

I believe these below try to identify a song by humming into the search function.
https://www.midomi.com/
I think SounHound has a similar function.
https://www.musipedia.org/
Technology, eh.
Good luck.

I finally went thru my old MiniDisc collection and found the song. I recorded it from the MD into my DAW and then rendered a mp3 file. I still don't know the song name, artist, etc, but at least I have it now :D

I don't know if its because we are musicians but some times I get an old song in my head and I can listen to the song inside my head. It really drives me nuts when I can't remember the artist or song title. It will not go away until I figured it out.

ATN69 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:37 am I finally went thru my old MiniDisc collection and found the song. I recorded it from the MD into my DAW and then rendered a mp3 file. I still don't know the song name, artist, etc, but at least I have it now :D

I don't know if its because we are musicians but some times I get an old song in my head and I can listen to the song inside my head. It really drives me nuts when I can't remember the artist or song title. It will not go away until I figured it out.
Play it to SounHound or similar.

Return to “Music Cafe”