Can You Feel It (Pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Benedict wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 pm I think that you have totally missed that commenters are trying to help you be better. That is the implied thing when you post in a forum where artist feedback is given: please help me to be better.

That you then turn around and start telling those who have put time & expertise into offering that help - because they cared (and liked) what you did...

I'll leave you alone. If you're happy then it is between you and your God.

I'm not happy but that is between me and mine.

:-(
I do not understand this post to be honest... You told me there was distortion and I fixed that immidiatly. If it is something I can do then I will fix it if I agree on what is said... So I do not really understand...
what was wrong for me was how I basicly got told, in a nice and polite way, that I could not make music and should go to music school which I followed for 4 years and 7 years of keyboard lessons. Thats what I did not like and did not find helpfull at all.
When I then told that person that I did not agree on what was said and politely explained why then I got an answer that they did not even read past the I do not agree words. I think thats ridiculous and very, they say this in dutch, having a thick neck. It means: thinking that you are the man and all others are less then you. He did not even read why I did not agree. He did not care at all. I think I made some pretty good points there but I guess that does not matter. Its a shame, this comment of you, because I treated you with respect and I actually listened to you and fixed the thing you told me...
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

One of the most important things in creating good music is to be able to take on board criticism. Telling people you don't like their answer is basically the same as ignoring criticism that might help you. Until you can start taking criticism without being offended by it you won't be able to learn from it.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:20 pm One of the most important things in creating good music is to be able to take on board criticism. Telling people you don't like their answer is basically the same as ignoring criticism that might help you. Until you can start taking criticism without being offended by it you won't be able to learn from it.
I did listen to Benedict and changed the track immidiatly. I do not listen to people who say that I need music lessons. Thats basicly like saying that you suck. That is not helpfull at all. If you do not see that then thats okay but it basicly made me doubt to make more music. So if it is helpfull to make someone quit making music then we both have a different idea about what is helpfull.
I listened to Benedict and changed the problem. There is the proof that if it is something I can do something about, that I do it. No need to act like I do not listen to anyones critism.

Mozex wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:39 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:20 pm One of the most important things in creating good music is to be able to take on board criticism. Telling people you don't like their answer is basically the same as ignoring criticism that might help you. Until you can start taking criticism without being offended by it you won't be able to learn from it.
I did listen to Benedict and changed the track immidiatly. I do not listen to people who say that I need music lessons. Thats basicly like saying that you suck. That is not helpfull at all. If you do not see that then thats okay but it basicly made me doubt to make more music. So if it is helpfull to make someone quit making music then we both have a different idea about what is helpfull.
I listened to Benedict and changed the problem. There is the proof that if it is something I can do something about, that I do it. No need to act like I do not listen to anyones critism.
The best thing that you can do is just make more music. The only reason to take on criticism is if you want to improve the things that you don't know how to do (well) that you reasonably believe that they know how to do (at least better than you), otherwise, you might just be spinning your wheels.

and if people do post criticism you dont agree with, just thank them for listening.
no point arguing back, it wastes your time as much as theirs and leaves you feeling shitty.
ignore it and move on :shrug:

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:50 pm
The best thing that you can do is just make more music. The only reason to take on criticism is if you want to improve the things that you don't know how to do (well) that you reasonably believe that they know how to do (at least better than you), otherwise, you might just be spinning your wheels.
Yes I understand but the problem is that I make music differently then most people. I just improvise, its all I can... So yeah, critism is nice when you can change it, when you can not change it then its just demotivating. I just improvise in my music, I have no skill or knowledge. That does not mean I think my music is crap, I think my music is not that bad for only doing this for 4 months. Thing is, if people suggest something that I can change, I do it, but to hear all the time how bad my music is is not motivating me. I do not understand why Benedict wrote what he wrote because I listened to his critism and changed it immidiatly. So yeah...

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:55 pm and if people do post criticism you dont agree with, just thank them for listening.
no point arguing back, it wastes your time as much as theirs and leaves you feeling shitty.
ignore it and move on :shrug:
I understand

Well I tried to help, but it's up to you if you want to continue voicing your disapproval of negative criticism. :shrug:

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:01 pm
Well I tried to help, but it's up to you if you want to continue voicing your disapproval of negative criticism. :shrug:
I do not understand what I did wrong with my comment. Its like I have two options: to say okay I agree or to just shut up. Because explaining what I think seems not to be done.

There is that of course, but also there's what some tosser in a meeting a my work once called, 'the wood for trees' situation; i.e. that you've worked on something for so long and are too close to it, and it takes someone else to point out the bleedin' obvious fact that something is not quite right...A second/third/fourth etc opinion is usually welcome, for me anyway.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 pm
There is that of course, but also there's what some tosser in a meeting a my work once called, 'the wood for trees' situation; i.e. that you've worked on something for so long and are too close to it, and it takes someone else to point out the bleedin' obvious fact that something is not quite right...A second/third/fourth etc opinion is usually welcome, for me anyway.
No doubt, but, my advice in this thread is specifically geared towards the OP and his stated level of experience. At that stage, no matter how much you've worked on something, I think that you're much better off to just keep making MORE music.

However, I'm saying a bit more, it doesn't help to ask people who aren't really capable of giving good advice. It's hard to know who that is as a beginner, so, just keep making more music.

In general, for any subject that you're seeking critique on, aim for numbers. You want more opinions, not more opinion from the same person. Once you have many opinions then you can see some systematic commonality in their advice. Of course, forums are a terrible place to get this kind of feedback because everyone sees the advice of others and jumps on the bandwagon.

Return to “Music Cafe”