Impossible Landscape (psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Melodic (relatively) "morning psy" track

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/i ... -landscape

Mastering by Kristian W. (master@aeap.se)
Last edited by recursive one on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: One of the few people here whose music I look forward to listening to. You really have this PsyTrance thing nailed down pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm Performance - 10
I'll tell my DAW it has perfomed well :)

Thanks, Wags! Glad you liked it!

recursive one wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm Performance - 10
I'll tell my DAW it has perfomed well :)

Thanks, Wags! Glad you liked it!
Hey, you're the one who had to program it. Trust me, I couldn't get my DAW to perform that well.

Very well done (progressive?) Psytrance. I don't comment very often because I only like a very few tracks. But your track is one of the few tracks in this style that I liked here on KvR.
Do you have a musical role model?

Composition: 9,5
Mix/Master: 10
Ready for release: yes

Sounds very authentic. Try to publish it on a trance label!

Btw. I don't produce trance by myself but I'm a big fan of Israeli Trance..... Astrix, Ace Ventura, Astral Projection, Pixel,... 8)

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:30 pm Comments: One of the few people here whose music I look forward to listening to. You really have this PsyTrance thing nailed down pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
Same here. Saw the notification on SC and came here immediately to say much the same. The tracks are always a good listen and take me back to my misspent yoof.

Thats a nice thick sounding bass. What did you do to it at 0:59 ? Is it just extra echo or something else?
4:23 nice arp, 4:55 great dissonance. Really different and creates a nice tension.
Is this Parawave Rapid synth?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

great stuff =)

//Kristian W

4damind wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 pm Very well done (progressive?) Psytrance. I don't comment very often because I only like a very few tracks. But your track is one of the few tracks in this style that I liked here on KvR.
Do you have a musical role model?

Composition: 9,5
Mix/Master: 10
Ready for release: yes

Sounds very authentic. Try to publish it on a trance label!
Thanks a lot, it's very pelasing to read comments like that! :) yes, I think it belongs to progressive. Speaking of artists that inspire me and whose sound I tried to approach with this track, they are Digicult, Ephedrix, Sonic Species, Shadow Chronicles/Protoculture, Astrix and many others (I don't divide artists by conutries but I think many of my favourite psy acts are also Israeli).

Actually this is the first my track where i'm more or less confident about production, for which I also thank the mastering guy who was a pleasure to work with and had provided me some very usfeful feedback on my mixes, can wholeheartedly recommend him if someone is interested in good mastering (his contacts are in the OP).
sjm wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:22 pm Same here. Saw the notification on SC and came here immediately to say much the same. The tracks are always a good listen and take me back to my misspent yoof.
Cool, thank you :)
MasterTuner wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:20 pm Thats a nice thick sounding bass. What did you do to it at 0:59 ? Is it just extra echo or something else?
4:23 nice arp, 4:55 great dissonance. Really different and creates a nice tension.
Is this Parawave Rapid synth?
Thanks!

That effect on the bass is Studio One chorus in the doubler mode synced to the bpm which gives a sort of short stereo delay. Yes I used Rapid synth among others, e.g. that FM-ish arp in the intro and later at 7:18 and some other sounds. Other synths were Spire, Serum, Dune3, Sylenth, Bazille, Lush-101, Harmor and maybe something else I forgot. That bass was Sylenth (resampled and processed to death :) )

Reuploaded the file at soundcloud, the playback quality is a bit better now.
Last edited by recursive one on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astralprojection wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:13 pm great stuff =)
because of great mastering :)

recursive one wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:43 pm That effect on the bass is Studio One chorus in the doubler mode synced to the bpm which gives a sort of short stereo delay. Yes I used Rapid synth among others, e.g. that FM-ish arp in the intro and later at 7:18 and some other sounds. Other synths were Spire, Serum, Dune3, Sylenth, Bazille, Lush-101, Harmor and maybe something else I forgot. That bass was Sylenth (resampled and processed to death :) )
Wow, you are stacked in the Synth department that for sure. Looks like you spent a lot of time on your productions. It really shows.
Do you have Avenger - thats got some very good Trance expansions. Spire is good for trance, can have a nice softness to it.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:17 pm Wow, you are stacked in the Synth department that for sure. Looks like you spent a lot of time on your productions. It really shows.
Do you have Avenger - thats got some very good Trance expansions. Spire is good for trance, can have a nice softness to it.
Yeah, I've got tons of synths, actually much more than I can effectively learn. This is why I never bought Avenger, it's a fine synth and can do a lot but I think I've already got it all covered. As for the expansions, they are nice to have but I try to my own synth patches mostly, unless it's some generic pluck or pad, this makes the process somehow more complicated but much more interesting.

Sounds like... You :D

Only thing is that to my ears you've become a White Wizard. Leveled up from Recursive the Grey :clap:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:15 pm you've become a White Wizard.
I tried to cast a spell on my DAW to get it to make me some coffee but the only thing it did was a loud farting sound :? So no, I'm not there yet. But I keep trying.

Thanks for listening! :)

recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:29 pm I tried to cast a spell on my DAW to get it to make me some coffee but the only thing it did was a loud farting sound :?
Hopefully you sampled it and have material for the next track!

Return to “Music Cafe”