Forum Narcissus

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

toonertik wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:35 pm Statistics can be interesting.
At this point in time this thread has 125 views and only 19 listens, as reported by soundcloud. Oh and 10 comments.
So, I am curious about the lurkers who pop in, don't listen and for sure keep quiet...
nosy ole so and sos... :P

BTW, Karma_tba... is that Karma_ToBeAnnonced? :shrug:
No. The Black Albino.

Wasting my time here then....

Karma_tba wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm Wasting my time here then....
Well, I liked the song.
So if KVR inspired it... time not wasted )))

Karma_tba wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm Wasting my time here then....
I wouldn't say that. This sub forum, for the most part, isn't really very active. If I get 1 or 2 responses for each track I post, that's a lot. I've gotten to the point where instead of being angry at the lack of participation, I'm grateful for whatever comes my way.

Try looking at the glass half full instead of half empty.

It just might work.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 pm
toonertik wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:35 pm So, I am curious about the lurkers who pop in, don't listen and for sure keep quiet...
That's gotta be me then... :P
I intended to, but then I became curious.

I then read this.

I was like damn, now I gotta listen.

I then hit play.

I have to say...

I like what what I heard for the most part.

I'm not a fan of the synth melody, or the synth horns, but...

I do like the lyrics and,

I do like the vocal sample played throughout .

I was wondering if I'd have a problem with starting sentences with "I" but I was like.... f**k that. Go ALL in or go home!

This song would be good for a kvr remix contest.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

elxsound wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:39 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 pm
toonertik wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:35 pm So, I am curious about the lurkers who pop in, don't listen and for sure keep quiet...
That's gotta be me then... :P
I intended to, but then I became curious.

I then read this.

I was like damn, now I gotta listen.

I then hit play.

I have to say...

I like what what I heard for the most part.

I'm not a fan of the synth melody, or the synth horns, but...

I do like the lyrics and,

I do like the vocal sample played throughout .

I was wondering if I'd have a problem with starting sentences with "I" but I was like.... f**k that. Go ALL in or go home!
I feel this post.

This is getting a lot of attention for a simple rap. What's the big deal?

You know what? I just caught glimpse of myself in the mirror. I gotta admit, I am a beautiful guy. :love:

Frantz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:46 am This is getting a lot of attention for a simple rap. What's the big deal?

You know what? I just caught glimpse of myself in the mirror. I gotta admit, I am a beautiful guy. :love:
Frantz. you're a real gem. When will you be posting your next track?

As for the "simple rap" it's the thread title that got the attention. Actually, it's amazing click bait. Even I had to check it out and I've got the OP on ignore. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 am Frantz. you're a real gem. When will you be posting your next track?

As for the "simple rap" it's the thread title that got the attention. Actually, it's amazing click bait. Even I had to check it out and I've got the OP on ignore. :lol:
My next track is probably a couple of months away from completion. I have less free time than before and I work slowly to begin with.

Yes, click bait is a good description for this thread.

Frantz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:21 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 am Frantz. you're a real gem. When will you be posting your next track?

My next track is probably a couple of months away from completion. I have less free time than before and I work slowly to begin with.

The function of any thread's title is to generate interest. :borg:

Frantz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:21 am Yes, click bait is a good description for this thread.
True. But, only because everyone feels addressed. :lol:

Karma_tba wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:31 pm
Frantz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:21 am

The function of any thread's title is to generate interest. :borg:
Mission accomplished. And very well at that.

I can't imagine trying to manipulate the reader like that with a thread title. The idea of that feels dirty.

The music speaks for itself, or it may simply not speak to you. I have found very high KVR readership when there's trouble but that's on the side and doesn't do anything for me, or bring viewers to my channel or elevate awareness. Click bait, courting controversy in a thread title, is needy.

This is a song written with a particular theme; The thread is the title of the song, and it's in the place where one would normally place songs they'd written.

I knew from the moment I saw the thread title that it was going to be a song called "Forum Narcissus", and that's exactly what the song would be about. I got nothing more, and nothing less.

There is zero clickbait here, and if you clicked because you expected something other than it was, then you were just looking for trouble...and that's on you :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”