latesummer [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I'd really appreciate some feedback on this track. If someone could pinpoint what's wrong or what's missing (or if there's too much going on), feel free.

https://soundcloud.com/parallelloners/latesummer

Thanks!

0:40 & 0:46 you've got two risers going nowhere, followed by a downer, so I am expecting a change, but it resumed the same as before, so you could think of that as unique, or I personally thought that was strange.
2:56-3:06, that build could be a lot better (gradually build up the drum sequence, insert pitch ups, go up an octave). In a build you build tension then release that tension. There was no real tension to release. Just after the build you could insert a volume or energy change. it would be nice to hear some lead melody instead of a kalimba-type arp.
I like the retro vibe... ...

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:26 pm 0:40 & 0:46 you've got two risers going nowhere, followed by a downer, so I am expecting a change, but it resumed the same as before, so you could think of that as unique, or I personally thought that was strange.
2:56-3:06, that build could be a lot better (gradually build up the drum sequence, insert pitch ups, go up an octave). In a build you build tension then release that tension. There was no real tension to release. Just after the build you could insert a volume or energy change. it would be nice to hear some lead melody instead of a kalimba-type arp.
I like the retro vibe... ...
The first part was on purpose; I wanted to go into a different melody for the middle part of the song and have the chorus/drop at 3.00. I guess I could just switch it up without a build.

I definitely agree that the second build could be more gradual in retrospect. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Music Cafe”