New tune - violin led

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm back with another track..

I remembered I first made this tune sometimes in early 2000 using my Roland e-96, and decided to give it another go at the end of last year.

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/undying

I made this song after I heard a performance from an instrumental band, with violin as the lead melody. I was extremely impressed by their performance that I decided to make something with violin as the lead sound. I guess this song is a kind of "either you hate it or you love it", the feel is a bit heavy. I can't really remember what I experienced back then to come up with this song, but I feel the song has a lot to tell. Or it's probably just me :) The title doesn't really mean anything in regards to the song, but it just seems right.

I hope you can enjoy/relate to the song and come up with your own interpretation.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

I like it !
The violin could be more present (in the foreground) at some places.
Also there are some nasty notes (dissonant) played by the violin.
Which software did u use ?
Other than that solid play and good song structure.

(( D ))

I like the violin. I like the piece overall but it tends to have long sections with no defined lead. For example, it took about 2 mins to get to the melody. Perhaps a second instrument, melodic part to make the whole 6 mins an engaging experience.

:-)

@Drumity: many thanks mate! yes, I guess so..I will try to go through the violin mixing again. As for the dissonant part, could you direct me to a specific time in the song? I need this feedback since I'm so used to the melody that I may not notice it :D I used Acid Pro and for the violin I used Miroslav Philharmonik Orchestra.

@Benedict: thank you! Regarding the long section without defined lead, sometimes I did that on purpose, so we can interpret the part in anyway we want and let the back sound to the job. I know it is probably not always a good idea and does not always work, and some listeners may loose interest. I will try to find some ideas for these parts, thanks!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:56 am @Benedict: thank you! Regarding the long section without defined lead, sometimes I did that on purpose, so we can interpret the part in anyway we want and let the back sound to the job. I know it is probably not always a good idea and does not always work, and some listeners may loose interest. I will try to find some ideas for these parts, thanks!
Hi Adi

It is indeed great to have those breaks in a piece. Disco did it all the time (and I don't mean mix breaks) but the "breathers" are better between big leads/ideas than before them ;-)

:-)

thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:56 am could you direct me to a specific time in the song?
How about to direct you to my songs here ?
The one on the front page has some orchestra arrangement too.
In addition it´s a matter of course to take the time and give the favour back
and comment on other songs too ...

(( D ))

@Benedict: Ah yes, I see you point, I will try to have another look!
@Drumity: Excellent, many thanks. Yes, I have been less active for quite sometimes from KVR, will try to be more active to gain more insights :)

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

ADI!!!

So, I love it as always. And what's clever is that you'd usually try to avoid the chronic pitch bent sample sound of the rompler, but in this case you've used it deliberately and musically and it works. Love the fretless bass too!

Geoff, good to hear from you. Many thanks for the kind comment. Yes, I guess I'm lucky enough the bent works, sometimes they do not, though :D The fretless bass is how I usually played it back then when I still used my E-96 for some reason, not sure I can play it like that again these days! :D But I'm glad you mention and like it, cheers!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:42 am @Drumity: Excellent, many thanks. Yes, I have been less active for quite sometimes from KVR, will try to be more active to gain more insights :)
So you don't get it, I see ...

(( D ))

tehlord wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:42 am ADI!!!

So, I love it as always. And what's clever is that you'd usually try to avoid the chronic pitch bent sample sound of the rompler, but in this case you've used it deliberately and musically and it works. Love the fretless bass too!
have to agree with this! using the romplers "weakness" as a musical motif, very clever. gives it a slightly ethereal feel. 8)

@Vurt,many thanks for the kind comment,mate..! Glad the weakness works out and turns out enjoyable :D

Best,
Adi/thedeadsoul

Some of those IK sounds can yield very interesting results, and this worked out very well. It reminded me of Jean-Luc Ponty back in the '70s/'80s,

Alternative title: Hidden in Plain Sight

Good work :)

Good job! That violin sounds similar to the Korg PA50 violin, which is pretty cool. I could see this working in a movie or something like that.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

@seismic1: Tim,many thanks for the kind comment! Yes,that's still the year I'm stuck in, more on the 80s though :D and thanks for the title suggestion 👍

@music bird: cheers mate, many thanks for listening! Glad you can see it working in a movie, I always aim to give that sense in my songs, some more then the others.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Return to “Music Cafe”