A Super Sonic Awakening

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all! I'm back again with my latest track 'Awakening' which I also produced. Would love to hear from you all.

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/awakening

Many blessings.

Very engaging and I love the hooks. This is a well done production from start to end !
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Thanks so much I appreciate that!

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Really love the mix on this. In that respect, you really have this nailed. Well done too. Instrumentation kind of sparse but I guess that's the genre.

You've definitely stuck to your guns, and I think you've really grown into your own sound. Really bounces along. Great vibe!

A new SC 'follow' :tu:

Rock solid mix. Nice panning / stereo field. Vocals clear and have their own space. Listened twice and will probably return for more.

Wow very happy to hear such positive feedback! Especially concerning the mix! Thanks!

I also dig the mixing done in this tune. Very clear space for the vocals, the drums sound crisp, the instrumentals sit just on the right level.. The vocal section has been well recorded and performed. A layer of harmonic sounding instruments would not have fitted the genre, the bells are sounding right with the long bass drum.. Maybe a little more melodic going of the bell instead of the (what now sounds as like it is a) close walking arpeggio would add a more little "hook" to the song. Especially considering the distance between the bell notes, they now are walking distant to each other in height. Very well made production, a very comfortable listen, despite the sometimes harsh to perceive genre, this song stands on its own and may be there.

This is great feedback and I appreciate the time you took to give such in-depth analysis.

Val_Verrel wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 am This is great feedback and I appreciate the time you took to give such in-depth analysis.
Thanks. I've been reviewing songs from all kinds of production levels on website internetdj.com for a (can't remember how) long time. Unfortunately the site is not based on reviews anymore, not as crowded as it used to be, but it still has a good user community. You can post your own music there and see if you make it to the "most liked" or "popular" charts. It offers 500 MB of free hosting space for (optionally free-downloadable) music with either (C) or (CC).

Similar websites to internetdj.com are soundcloud.com and hearthis.at ..

Happy to be of assistance, good to read you are glad with my review, keep up making good music!

Okay sure will check out those sites! Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”