Wagtunes Production Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karma_tba wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm
JoeCat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:25 pm That's some serious trolling right there to turn another thread into a crap-fest. Paying so much attention to someone you want to trash (as opposed to simply ignoring) is probably a personality flaw.
Seems like you are doing the same thing...when you could simply ignore me. :tu:
I never named you :hihi:

Wags - here's some stuff on BMG (not exactly lightweights in the industry) - searching for "ancient" and "synth" - most of it at least as 'busy' as your track if not more.

https://bmgmusic.sourceaudio.com/#!expl ... nt%20synth

You're barking up the right tree (again, IMHO - I'm no expert, just listening to what's out there.) :)

JoeCat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 pm Wags - here's some stuff on BMG (not exactly lightweights in the industry) - searching for "ancient" and "synth" - most of it at least as 'busy' as your track if not more.

You're barking up the right tree (again, IMHO - I'm no expert, just listening to what's out there.) :)
Thanks Joe. Eventually I am going to have to listen to what's out there to see if I'm at least in the ball park. But as has been said to me by several people, library music is wide open. There are uses for just about anything you can think of. The key is finding the right match-up and with all the competition, that's where the crap shoot begins.

But here's what's really important and I should have mentioned this when I posted the track. I really enjoyed doing it. It was something different. It was fresh, it was new. I think I can be really inspired to do this stuff, even if some of it turns out to be totally off the wall and unsuitable for anything other than my own enjoyment.

At least it's not C - Am - F- G

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 pm To be fair, I think Ktba is right. No one else has been able to get an Egyptian documentay gig since The Bangles, back in the 80's :tu:
Guess your artistry is defined by using me to take your own cheap shots.....you nasty shit.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 pm
JoeCat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 pm Wags - here's some stuff on BMG (not exactly lightweights in the industry) - searching for "ancient" and "synth" - most of it at least as 'busy' as your track if not more.

Thanks Joe. Eventually I am going to have to listen to what's out there to see if I'm at least in the ball park. But as has been said to me by several people, library music is wide open. There are uses for just about anything you can think of. The key is finding the right match-up and with all the competition, that's where the crap shoot begins.

But here's what's really important and I should have mentioned this when I posted the track. I really enjoyed doing it. It was something different. It was fresh, it was new. I think I can be really inspired to do this stuff, even if some of it turns out to be totally off the wall and unsuitable for anything other than my own enjoyment.

:tu:
Not by a keyboard but that looks suspiciously like Crocodile Rock :)

JoeCat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 pm

:tu:
Not by a keyboard but that looks suspiciously like Crocodile Rock :)
And thousands of other songs. :lol:

Karma_tba wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:07 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 pm To be fair, I think Ktba is right. No one else has been able to get an Egyptian documentay gig since The Bangles, back in the 80's :tu:
Guess your artistry is defined by using me to take your own cheap shots.....you nasty shit.
Your original sentiment was something I actually agree with, at least to a certain extent. And my comment was a harmless little joke, that was not made at your expense.

Totally off topic, I once used a lot of library music, and enjoyed auditioning a bunch of tunes in one genre, say Reggae, by composers who were clearly more comfortable in others. :hihi:
Mostly the playlist was like an office theme party with accountants in dreadlocks, but every so often the mashup was like, This could be the Next Big Thing. :party:
There's a mashup game where you pick pieces of paper from different cups to improvise say, a Reggae groove, in waltz time, in D# minor :wheee:
Doin' the hokey-pokey.....
Last edited by Michael L on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I think version 2 is very good and could work perfectly on any number of soundtracks without modification. I found the original version busy with too many effects.

I would submit version 2 to the library companies and rename it to something like "Mysterious Places" since ancient could imply using historical instruments. It could work very well in a film in a modern setting -- suspense or sci-fi.

Frantz wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 am I think version 2 is very good and could work perfectly on any number of soundtracks without modification. I found the original version busy with too many effects.

I would submit version 2 to the library companies and rename it to something like "Mysterious Places" since ancient could imply using historical instruments. It could work very well in a film in a modern setting -- suspense or sci-fi.
Frantz, thank you so much. You have no idea how helpful this has been to me. I'm going to do just that.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:25 am Frantz, thank you so much. You have no idea how helpful this has been to me. I'm going to do just that.
Cool. I have a good feeling about this piece. Good luck with the submission. :tu:

First, I want to say that I have enjoyed reading about your experiences trying to find your place in the music world. I can appreciate your drive and once you get your footing and establish some relationships, I hope you'll find some level of success. Luckily, it's up to you to decide what success means. At very least you can have some fun challenging yourself.

I think you've got some great sound design chops and a real sense of dramatic tension and release. There are things about the mix which I would have done differently but I think it's a matter of taste more than your skill in that department. You achieved a nice separation of sounds without sounding over processed.

best of luck to you in your endeavors!

justin3am wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:38 am First, I want to say that I have enjoyed reading about your experiences trying to find your place in the music world. I can appreciate your drive and once you get your footing and establish some relationships, I hope you'll find some level of success. Luckily, it's up to you to decide what success means. At very least you can have some fun challenging yourself.

I think you've got some great sound design chops and a real sense of dramatic tension and release. There are things about the mix which I would have done differently but I think it's a matter of taste more than your skill in that department. You achieved a nice separation of sounds without sounding over processed.

best of luck to you in your endeavors!
Thanks Justin. I appreciate the kind words and support.

I just got another email from the group who is interested in my pop music.
Hey Steven,

As promised I will keep you updated on what we are doing.

Since not all of the band members had heard the songs submitted I sent each a copy of all the songs submitted to me.

Just had a talk with everybody last night and a couple tings changed.

Apparently you are writing better songs according to my bass player.

He really liked the latest you posted.

"LOOKING THRU A STAINED GLASS WINDOW" and "IM NOT ELTON JOHN".

I did take a listen and I really like the first one. I think we could really do a great version of tis song.

The bass player wants to change 2 of his original selections to these 2 but I told him we will make the final decision on our first session in September.

Apparently if you keep writing and posting better material we may never get this done so I told each of them that the end of August would be the end of changing the material they chose.

I hope you understand.

Actually it's a good thing as it shows they definitely have interest in doing the project.

If it is not to much of an imposition I would appreciate if you can send the MIDI files for the 2 above songs.

Hopefully the last change.

Normally we will record 12 to 15 songs and release 10 on an album. We may end up doing more for you if the guys feel like it.

Once we start recording my new album in September we will finalize what we will record of your material.

That's all I have for now from rainy Florida.

Have a great day Steven.

Name Withheld
I find this all so ironic now that I've moved on from writing pop songs that NOW there's interest in my music.

This all leaves me kind of torn. I guess there's no reason why I can't do both but I really don't want to split my efforts. I need to build up a production music catalog to give myself the best chance of getting something placed.

I guess in a way this is a great problem to have.

Maybe things are finally coming together for me.

Anyway, back to work on a new track.

Ancient Mysteries 2, slightly edited and title changed.

As I felt very comfortable with this style (wasn't too foreign for me) I am going to try to do a whole album in this style for upload. It seems the site wants between 10 and 12 tracks to make an album. The difficult part will be deciding which song to lead with as that's the one that has to grab them right away.

Also, what el-bo said makes sense. 3 months is nothing. In fact, I'm going to take the rest of 2019 as "prep time" for my new career. Then, in 2020, that's when I will come out in full force marketing myself and trying to get placed. I'm going to give it at least a full solid year before I make any decisions on 2021.

I'm really looking forward to the next 17 months.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ous-places

Return to “Music Cafe”