Oops, nothing here any more

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I have been contacted that the track has the potential to be released under a label :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: , I am currently removing it just to be safe.
Thanks again for everyone who commented! :tu:
Last edited by hhuang9611 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trance, Trance Is Life

0:29 love it!
3:26> Not sure about that rapid kick repeat. Wonder if a rapid snare would be better?
I think that piano transition is OK.
Maybe experiment: could put a couple of bars of ambient chords in before the piano starts?
Overall, very well done. Was enjoyable to listen to.

Hi-NRG Disco bassline. Cool.

Sadly there is not really anything that gives the track purpose past the bassline. It needs a lead or some other sort of hook to differentiate it from every other track that sounds just like this (and the mix does sound nice & lively).

Yes the "piano" section makes little sense as it arrives. You are unsure about that transition because there is nothing that lets us know it is coming. Normally a piece shows what is later in the track early on in echos. You see me do this here:
https://youtu.be/xPA1tPHcOm4
Why not push that and the Sash! part after up to the start as that is your real track there. That lets you play the "piano" part again as a rest for the day-glow kids with no stamina lol.

You can re-use the first part for a "Deep" mix.

:-)

Bansaw wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:12 am 0:29 love it!
3:26> Not sure about that rapid kick repeat. Wonder if a rapid snare would be better?
I think that piano transition is OK.
Maybe experiment: could put a couple of bars of ambient chords in before the piano starts?
Overall, very well done. Was enjoyable to listen to.
Thank you very much! There is actually an underlying snare roll from 3:26, but I guess the kick is just too overwhelming. Will probably adjust that. And the addition of ambient chords sounds like a good option, will try that out :tu:

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 am Hi-NRG Disco bassline. Cool.

Sadly there is not really anything that gives the track purpose past the bassline. It needs a lead or some other sort of hook to differentiate it from every other track that sounds just like this (and the mix does sound nice & lively).

Yes the "piano" section makes little sense as it arrives. You are unsure about that transition because there is nothing that lets us know it is coming. Normally a piece shows what is later in the track early on in echos. You see me do this here:
https://youtu.be/xPA1tPHcOm4
Why not push that and the Sash! part after up to the start as that is your real track there. That lets you play the "piano" part again as a rest for the day-glow kids with no stamina lol.

You can re-use the first part for a "Deep" mix.

Thank you very much! Very good point about the piano and the video is inspiring. Actually, for this track, I am still just trying to match the current standard of Trance, so standing out is not a priority for me. I guess blending in is what I am hoping to achieve. I will experiment with your other suggestions as well :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 am Actually, for this track, I am still just trying to match the current standard of Trance, so standing out is not a priority for me. I guess blending in is what I am hoping to achieve.
How many Hits blend in ;-)

I think it's very good, musically and production-wise.

Awesome track actually, not much to add. It nails all the genre standards and (but) has a really great memorable melody. Sounds like a hit :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It sounds quite fine to me except for the lack of a smooth transition or a bridge of sorts to the piano section.

fastlanephil wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm It sounds quite fine to me except for the lack of a smooth transition or a bridge of sorts to the piano section.
Thanks for the advice! :tu:
recursive one wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am Awesome track actually, not much to add. It nails all the genre standards and (but) has a really great memorable melody.
Thank you very much! :tu:
Benedict wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 am How many Hits blend in ;-)

Well, this track is still like a learning experience. I think I am still building up basic skills, so I would actually not expect this to be a hit. :clown:
I think I will try to make tracks that stand out once I feel I am ready. For now, I am not quite confident. So following the mainstream and accumulating skills are still my #1 goal.
Trance, Trance Is Life

BTW, I just finished a revamped version. I will really be grateful for any comments and feedback! Thanks!
Trance, Trance Is Life

Should be twice as long. Add an intro (maybe some pads using the chord progression from the main melody), then some kbbb/SFX run-in part, then some trippy acid section after the main melody, then return to the main melody again and you'll have enough stuff for a proper full-length psy track.

Also the bass progression in the main section doesn't quite match the chord progression, seems like the bass stays at the root note where you change the chords, it should move along with them.

Other than that it's very good.

I've been following your productions for a while and I can honestly say you are very talented and have awesome production skills, hope to see your stuff released on some big label soon.

Psy+uplifting combo used to be very popular in the 00's, like Protoculture, Ephedrix, Alternative Control and such. Someone should bring this style back finally.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:33 am Should be twice as long. Add an intro (maybe some pads using the chord progression from the main melody), then some kbbb/SFX run-in part, then some trippy acid section after the main melody, then return to the main melody again and you'll have enough stuff for a proper full-length psy track.

Also the bass progression in the main section doesn't quite match the chord progression, seems like the bass stays at the root note where you change the chords, it should move along with them.

Other than that it's very good.

I've been following your productions for a while and I can honestly say you are very talented and have awesome production skills, hope to see your stuff released on some big label soon.

Psy+uplifting combo used to be very popular in the 00's, like Protoculture, Ephedrix, Alternative Control and such. Someone should bring this style back finally.
Thank you so much! I totally agree with you that the track can be longer. The truth is, I intended to submit this to a compilation of a local music group and they require the track to be under 4 mins. However, this can be considered as an "original mix" and I can make an "extended mix" later on, where your suggestions are very much helpful!
The bassline is indeed doing some progression. However, it is not exactly the same as bass notes of chord progression.
The chord goes G# F# C# E G# F# C# D# while
the bass goes G# F# G# E G# F# E D#.
I actually tried to make the bass sound more consistent while doing the progression, because I used sample instead of synth, and a relatively big jump of notes can sometimes sound a bit strange.

And I have to thank you again for your following and compliment! It really means a lot to me! It gives me a lot of motivation to produce the next track :hug:

I think James Dymond is currently doing some psy+uplifting. I actually referenced (or tried to emulate) his recently released "Goldeneye" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3xn-Aj-5M
Trance, Trance Is Life

Now it has individuality. The whole piece has this huge cheer to it. Made me want to listen to it. The piano hook is great. That's all you need to do.

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 am Now it has individuality. The whole piece has this huge cheer to it. Made me want to listen to it. The piano hook is great. That's all you need to do.

Nice! This is actually quite unexpected! I guess sometimes we will just have to start with ordinary maybe the great stuff will eventually appear by itself :D
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:38 am
Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 am Now it has individuality. The whole piece has this huge cheer to it. Made me want to listen to it. The piano hook is great. That's all you need to do.

Nice! This is actually quite unexpected! I guess sometimes we will just have to start with ordinary maybe the great stuff will eventually appear by itself :D
Yes it does.

And commonly people misread my intent in what I say ;-) It is a shame but c'est la vie.

Well, I listened to what I think is the revamped version. Not sure as I didn't hear the original. Anyway, sounds really great. I can imagine this being a "hit" whatever that means in this genre. I get it's not top 40 and I don't know enough about the business end of the genre to know what's actually done with these tracks, but I do know this sounds just as good as everything I've heard on Youtube that has millions of views.

Take that for whatever it means to you coming from somebody who probably isn't qualified to comment on tracks in this genre.

Return to “Music Cafe”