donkeyt-inconsequential amendments -stadiu...errr.. indie rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One does some music now and again. This one is for this months Frootyloops forum contest - repeated motif. My repeated bizzle is the 4 note thingy on the strings/guitar pad that goes all the way through at various octaves..may have stretched the rulez a bit... :hihi:

www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/donkeyt-in ... dments.mp3

A lighter may be handy. :scared:

As usual, just done the crooning and mixed the f**ker. No idea!

Been a long time since you posted anything here so I was really looking forward to hearing this. Beginning has a kind of creepy vibe to it. Reminds me a little of How Soon Is Now, the Love Spit Love version. Becomes more "normal" as it progresses but still ominous sounding. Very well done, as usual.

Very nice. Pretty dark indeed, but I certainly like that. Do I detect some JD influences?
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Surprised me quite a bit, but wouldn’t call it stadium rock. Has the feel of a late 90s indie song, but don’t think it’s any darker than a lot of material from that time. Nicely done build up though.

Didn’t feel the urge to wave a lighter in the air at any point, which hopefully is a good thing.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:32 pm Been a long time since you posted anything here so I was really looking forward to hearing this. Beginning has a kind of creepy vibe to it. Reminds me a little of How Soon Is Now, the Love Spit Love version. Becomes more "normal" as it progresses but still ominous sounding. Very well done, as usual.
Cheers! I've not been totally lazy (but quite, even by my standards... :hihi: ), did a few of competition entries, of varying seriousness. Here should anyone wish to partake;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/10- ... mpires.mp3

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/09- ... -gains.mp3

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/08- ... eigner.mp3

crimsonwarlock wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 am Do I detect some JD influences?
Mebbe a leetle bit.. :wink: Like a certain Mr Hook I play bass (Bass 6, in Fiesta Red in my case) with a lot of chords and high notes.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Didn’t feel the urge to wave a lighter in the air at any point, which hopefully is a good thing.
Good, good, don't want to encourage any safety issues. :love:

Some more proper music from donkeyt :wink: As usual your music stands out amongst all the rest for me. It's certainly something I could listen to all the time. The arrangement, mix and choice of sounds are fantastic. I get goosebumps at the chorus :oops: . Brilliant work! :tu:
Another listen I think....
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:03 am I get goosebumps at the chorus :oops: .
I got a nasty coughing fit... :hihi:

Cheers for the listen and kind words.

Made a few minor arrangement changes (just to make the build up a little bitmore dynamic at the end) and tidied a few things up a bit. Getting there I think now.

Shit hot as usual :clap:
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

Another killer DT tune although I think the dark intro doesn't exactly fit with the bright chorus. Nice lyrics. Quite unique and memorable. :tu:

I am told the young people of today hold up their portable telephonic devices instead of cigarette lighters.

Just my fcking favorite artist lately! Actually you have been for a LONG TIME!
Bravo Maestro! My lighter is burning me thumb!

Not bad for an old Mule ;-)

I shall reserve my verdict until it's time to vote. We wouldn't want any meddling in the democratic process, would we?

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:22 pm One does some music now and again. This one is for this months Frootyloops forum contest - repeated motif. My repeated bizzle is the 4 note thingy on the strings/guitar pad that goes all the way through at various octaves..may have stretched the rulez a bit... :hihi:

www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/donkeyt-in ... dments.mp3

A lighter may be handy. :scared:

As usual, just done the crooning and mixed the f**ker. No idea!

Doesn't sound very stadium rock to me. It's got 'big production values', but I'm picking up more notes of Dead Can Dance.

It's not like how I thought your music would sound. Wanted to hear your Revelation 6 bass :hihi: . I might have listened to some stuff a while back, but possibly on your site. Years ago now.

It's very good anyway. Impressive stuff all around.

You'd be one of those people if you asked me to produce your stuff, I'd have to say Nah, got nothing to offer you. Not that you're looking for a producer I'm sure. But if you insisted and/or offered me lots of money, I'd have to really go away and think about how I could improve on this.

Sure, it's rough and ready, but it works. And I'm sure if you wanted to make it better, you'd have plenty of ideas yourself that you could work in to reality.

Thumbs up!

You'd probably be quite a good person to be in a band with, but then again, quite a 'less-than-ideal' person, because you have so many ideas and know how to reach for a sound you like.

As we develop our craft further it becomes more difficult to work with others, I find. Though sometimes, that is not always true (if one can leave one's ego at the door).

Anyway, :tu: .

Another beauty, Donks. Shades of 'Snow Patrol' in the relentless drive of the chorus. Really enjoyed it.

Return to “Music Cafe”