Easy Listening

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/lessera/dark-promise/s-eC9ib

Mixing mostly on headphones these days (I know... booo :? ).

Won't be everyone's cup-o-tea, but someone might like it. Original composition done by Hunz as an XM file on FastTracker back in 1996. Has it really been 24 years :scared: ? I tried to make my version a bit less MOD-esque electro, and more acoustic easy-listening. Critiques always welcome... Mixing acoustic instruments really isn't my forte.

Here's a link to the original track done by Hunz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlK7vs0U5Y4
Last edited by lessera on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mix is pretty good on my speakers here. Clean and good separation between elements. The high percussion, for my taste, I'd turn it down a bit.

The song is flowing pleasing and comfortably. I enjoyed it very much.
Also I like to listen to your guitar sound. Well done! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Hey thanks both of you. Encouraging to know that the mixing-with-cans approach wasn't a total bust.

Hopefully the first chime-tree hasn't scared too many people away. Nothing says cheese (Michael Bolton level of cheese) like a chime-tree in the drum track. :hihi:

Lots of subtle details to enjoy here. I think the mix is very good. I agree with Bansaw that some of the high frequency percussion elements are a little loud.

This is a nice change of pace from the usual KVR offerings. :)

Frantz wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm some of the high frequency percussion elements are a little loud.
They shall be tamed. Thanks for the feedback. It is most appreciated. :)

Frantz wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm Lots of subtle details to enjoy here. I think the mix is very good. I agree with Bansaw that some of the high frequency percussion elements are a little loud.

Definitely, I did not stop the audio after 5 seconds for a change :hihi:

e-crooner wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:45 pm
Frantz wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm Lots of subtle details to enjoy here. I think the mix is very good. I agree with Bansaw that some of the high frequency percussion elements are a little loud.

Definitely, I did not stop the audio after 5 seconds for a change :hihi:
Thanks for the comment. (I think). :hihi:

Ok I like this. Smooth. No real complaints. Just great!

This is very cool. I don't have any complaints either.
The percussive elements are nice. Guitar sounds great too, nice and relaxed...
Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Hey, thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate the feedback!

I am glad there's still a place for this type of music. EDM is a young-man's game (and I am certainly not that anymore :hihi:).

Return to “Music Cafe”