When the Darkness Falls - Prog Rock ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First completed song of 2020, would love your feed back. All perspectives welcome.

New Mix 2/27 Hopefully less offensive?

When the Darkness Falls

Thanks go out to The Noodlist for getting me sorted on the link, and everyone who helped get things this far.
MRT
Last edited by MRT on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Prog Rock? I guess. Kind of. Song was difficult to listen to. Mix needs tons of work. Backing track too soft. Vocals too loud. Doesn't gel together at all. Musically, it's interesting. But the mix really kills the listening enjoyment.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

Thanks for the listen and feedback that's the stuff I need to hear. Was not sure what it would be classified as any suggestions other than "waste of time"?

MRT wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 am First completed song of 2020, would love your feed back. All perspectives welcome.

When the Darkness Falls
Mmmhh ... could you try to upload your song on soundcloud?
Or provide a direct link?

For dropbox I had to adapt my browser protection-plugins
infinitely and even though I can't hear your mp3.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

This might work for creating a direct link, create a shared link and replace dl=0 with raw=1 or dl=1
It works with wav files.
I hope this is useful.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Posted an updated Mix as stated and added a direct link to the mp3. I'm new to Dropbox so apologies for any problems I may have caused:) Let me know if you encounter any more issues.

Thanks MRT

The suggestions might refer to a link like the one below, this example link doesn't play for me though. WAV files seem to work.

I prefer the latest version.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I listened to the Feb 23 mix. I like especially the guitar work. It is quite an original and challenging song.

The lyrics that I can make out are very interesting. But the vocals are chorused or effected in such a way as to be difficult to understand.

I think the mix is the biggest issue. In general, the mix is buzzy and harsh. The arrangement constantly has new and challenging parts, which makes sense for prog, but given the mix issues makes this a bit fatiguing.

I like it and can appreciate your skills but would enjoy this more with a more "user friendly" mix and arrangement.

Franz: Thanks for the kind words, hopefully this version is closer to ok. Regardless the feedback has been inspirational in making me want to get it at least to a listenable state. :)

The vocals are much easier to listen to in the Feb 27 version. They could be turned up more in the mix.

I think the lead guitar should be turned down a bit.

That amplifier buzz sound @1:31 and possibly other places is kind of annoying IMO.

I think the drums at 3:10 are too loud and the organ at 3:15 is also too loud.

Cool . I liked the composition. Interesting song with different parts. Sounds nice.

Nice bit of Prog. I liked the overall sound and the vocals but particularly the guitar work. I would have been tempted to add a touch of delay on the vocals myself but that is perhaps a matter of personal taste. I really enjoyed listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”