Firn - Cold Soul | from the forthcoming album TRUST (Electronic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all!

This is an outtake from my forthcoming album 'Trust':

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/firn-cold-soul

Please have a listen. Any comments are very welcome!

Thank you.
Best
NR :phones:

0:14 I really like that rhythmic element.
0:53 some nice elements added, like the guitar is a nice touch
1:37 again, nice elements, this time some tuned percussion
mixing is pretty good
My only criticism is that you abandoned that nice rhythmic motif you introduced at 0:14. It vanished at 0:40. My brain was looking for it to come back, but it never did. Felt like I lost something.
Minor criticism. Overall, very good.

thank you bansaw for listening! I spent some time mixing the track, but you may be right with your impression of lacking redundancy throughout the evolving structures on that track. For many years I tried to incorporate traditional song structures into this style of electronic music, more and more I set them aside in my current tracks, just for the change..

Very nice mix on this one. Now THAT'S what I call stereo. Evolves nicely. I don't mind the missing redundancy. For me, it's a nice change to have different stuff going on and not having any clue where the track is going. I guess you could say I'm kind of "pop song'd" out. :lol:

Well done. :tu:

:)
Thank you wagtunes for listening and commenting.

Very nice track. Lovely sounds and brilliant production. The vocals were a pleasant addition. Finished my Saturday evening off perfect. Great work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thank you, jethrobull, for taking the time and commenting.

This is too good to be an outtake. Do you mean single instead of outtake? Outtake is something that you left off the album because it wasn't good enough or didn't fit.

Brilliant mix! Relaxing but with some surprises. It seems to incorporate more acoustic sounds than you usually do. Great stuff. :tu:

thanks, frantz! The mastering was made by Computerclub in Sheffield, which gives the track an extra twist I think. Appreciate your comment :!: :)

Bansaw wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:27 am 0:14 I really like that rhythmic element.
0:53 some nice elements added, like the guitar is a nice touch
1:37 again, nice elements, this time some tuned percussion
mixing is pretty good
My only criticism is that you abandoned that nice rhythmic motif you introduced at 0:14. It vanished at 0:40. My brain was looking for it to come back, but it never did. Felt like I lost something.
Minor criticism. Overall, very good.
Oh my God how did you program those arps in the beginning?The track is great congrts

Sorry Wrong reply
Last edited by noylis on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 pm Hello all!

This is an outtake from my forthcoming album 'Trust':

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/firn-cold-soul

Please have a listen. Any comments are very welcome!

Thank you.
Best
NR :phones:
Oh my God how did you program those arps in the beginning?The track is great congarts

Thank you very much, noylis! The arp in the beginning is a tweaked preset from the open source vst synth Surge. My favorite tool to date for creating arp-sounds, etc..

htcnext2 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:08 pm Thank you very much, noylis! The arp in the beginning is a tweaked preset from the open source vst synth Surge. My favorite tool to date for creating arp-sounds, etc..
Surge rocks i use it all the time along with oxefm in Renoise.Thanks for ansering so fast

Oxe is a good plugin to recreate the classic FM sound, which is obligatory in modern electronic music production.

I played this quietly last night on my monitors, but decided to listen to it on my HiFi tonight. The bass is great, and the mix is excellent. I liked the way elements dropped out, to be replaced with new ones, but the continuity of the piece was not upset. I'll try to listen to the rest of the album over the next few days.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”