Some piano widdle

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, sometimes I have posted music that is just guitar widdle, so this time thought I'd post some piano widdle. :hihi:

Just put my iPhone on the floor under the piano and started playing. Picked up the sound of my daughter and her friends in the background as I had the door open, so I covered it by adding some bar ambience (royalty free sounds I found online).

https://soundcloud.com/user-414209584-7 ... ano-widdle

Bumping so I can hopefully force people to listen to my shite... :hihi:

...or maybe pianos are for old people...? :oops:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm Bumping so I can hopefully force people to listen to my shite... :hihi:

Mission accomplished. I listened to your shite. Some more movement in the left hand would have made it a little more interesting. But not bad.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm
Forgotten wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm Bumping so I can hopefully force people to listen to my shite... :hihi:

Mission accomplished. I listened to your shite. Some more movement in the left hand would have made it a little more interesting. But not bad.
how dare you say such things when we are not allowed to use them in the quoted out of context thread! :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks. It was impromptu, so was just a ii-V-I with 7ths over and over on the left hand.

kept waiting for you to break out in " everybody cryin' mercy " ...
:tu:

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm kept waiting for you to break out in " everybody cryin' mercy " ...
I think most people are crying “Mercy, please stop” when I’ve been doing this for long enough...

Don’t stop moving fingers!
Widdle widdle, widdle widdle!

Enjoyed this greatly

Forgotten wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:26 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm kept waiting for you to break out in " everybody cryin' mercy " ...
I think most people are crying “Mercy, please stop” when I’ve been doing this for long enough...
Kids can be so unapreciative

mystahr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 pm Don’t stop moving fingers!
Widdle widdle, widdle widdle!

Enjoyed this greatly
Usually I do this sort of thing on guitar, so thought piano might make a change...

Glad you enjoyed it (probably means I stopped before things got too bad... :hihi: )

nice sound design! can i get the preset?

is that a baby grand/grand?
it doesnt sound like an upright to my untrained ears? they usually sound a bit less "full" ime.

skilful f**ker. nice playing.
lets hear you on the crave now :x

mystahr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 pm Don’t stop moving fingers!
i bet you say that to all the boys...

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:26 pm nice sound design! can i get the preset?

it doesnt sound like an upright to my untrained ears? they usually sound a bit less "full" ime.

It’s actually a digital piano, but it’s ridiculously over sampled on each key, so it’s a pretty accurate sound. It’s sampled from an acoustic Yamaha Concert Grand.

Been playing around with the Crave too, mostly seeing what I can come up with ‘live’ by setting it going alongside other synths and keyboards. Will have to take a leaf out of your book and just hit record on something and see what the results are like...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:10 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:26 pm nice sound design! can i get the preset?

It’s actually a digital piano, but it’s ridiculously over sampled on each key, so it’s a pretty accurate sound. It’s sampled from an acoustic Yamaha Concert Grand.
well id never have guessed sampled. its very real sounding to my ears (not a piano expert)

Been playing around with the Crave too, mostly seeing what I can come up with ‘live’ by setting it going alongside other synths and keyboards. Will have to take a leaf out of your book and just hit record on something and see what the results are like...

yeah, just get something going and then noodle! i can usually grab at lesst 10/15 mins of live stuff out of a couple hours tweaking.
probably could get more but would probably be a bit repetitive for most listeners :lol:
its very liberating though, not really having a goal :ud:
i look forward to the results :)

Yeah I should just do it until I get results that are worth sharing. I’ve probably already missed some because I didn’t have a laptop hooked up...

Return to “Music Cafe”