Cinematic/Ambient thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/ckam03/wip

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I feel like the arrangement still needs a couple things and it's not mixed yet. I'm not sure what those couple things are just yet though.

That is a beautiful sound, especially the vocals. I can see that it needs something but it's hard to know where to take this without damaging the mood. Maybe some kind of light sound like a flute for example, skipping about above the mix with no real tune, just towards the last half? I dunno, maybe that would lighten it too much. I hope you do well with this wherever you take it because it is really promising.

I don't know. Sounds good to me. Sometimes simple is best. I'd leave it alone short of maybe extending it and, obviously, eliminate that horrible abrupt ending. But that's all I'd do.

Hey thank you, I appreciate it. Definitely have to fix that ending. I'm just glad this thing still holds up with fresh ears.

Its very nice. What scene are you picturing when you are writing? Its useful sometimes to have a scene unfold in your mind.
Cinematic music is a journey that often comes in waves, like on a ship. So you need some dynamic range in your composition. Its pretty flatlined at the moment.
Very promising at the moment, if I were you I'd definitely work on this one and get it finished.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:56 pm Its very nice. What scene are you picturing when you are writing? Its useful sometimes to have a scene unfold in your mind.
Cinematic music is a journey that often comes in waves, like on a ship. So you need some dynamic range in your composition. Its pretty flatlined at the moment.
Very promising at the moment, if I were you I'd definitely work on this one and get it finished.
Thanks a lot. Actually, it was supposed to be like a futuristic space travel thing. I was going to the do the music for an app we're coding but it turned into this. I was going for that Interstellar type of vibe but it seems to have turned into something different.

I like it. The string sound you have chosen gives the piece a slightly "warmer" sound than I might expect in this type of music, but I think it is quite suitable here. You should definitely fix that ending. If you do decide to lengthen the track it may be that the prominent rhythmic element may need to be dropped or varied in places. It might prove to be too dominant in a longer format.

Good work :)

Wow, rather excellent already.

Lengthen it, bring some dynamics, but don't introduce more sounds then there already are.
Or keep it at some ligh percussion that follows the rhythmic element I guess

Like others have said fix the ending, but keep the sounds. The sequenced piano could also be varied with a few changes to the notes. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”