Jazzy Deep House for your critique...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As said before this is a wonderful track. :D Improvement is still possible: The drums are far too much compressed. That's why they lack strength and deepness. Try less compression on the drum track, do some EQing as mentioned before and add more multiband compression to the whole mix. :)
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

I really don't find the drums to bee too bad, considering this is some intrumental-fusionish house stuff.
I'd rather add the occasional stop or eventually some filter sweep in some of the more silent passages.

OK, alternatively there's allways an option to ask Harvey Mason (one of the lurveliest drummers for any discobeat related stuff) to add some real drums, but for some reasons I doubt he'll be hanging here at K-v-R...

But then, I'd really wait for topaz' bass and Pete's final mix anyways.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

the more I listen to this I realise how cool
Sascha Frank is, it's UBER cool to know that KVR has not only some great Computer music producers
but also real Top Class Musicians.

love to hear some more stuff Pete, can you post some links please ?

your a fine player Sascha :D :D :D :D

When it comes to the beats I am currently just using loops from a House beats CD (House Musique). So, there are not separate Bass, Snare, track etc for me to mess with. As it stands I am limited with this beat. I have tried doing my own beats in the past on other tracks with drum machines, but that is very much not my forte so lately I have been using loops for beats.

I am also a novice when it comes to things like mastering. When it comes to advanced dynamics processing like compression, limiting, and how to properly EQ a final mix I become lost. I have just never taken the time to learn it, instead just spent time working on songs. I used an app called FinalMix that was bundled with the latest version of Tracktion on this track. I have some compression on the whole mix using one of the presets, but not on any individual tracks. I don't know what the "best practices" are for that kind of thing.

Pete

:-o I've just listened to both versions of this and all I can say is... well... :-o !!! Man, this has got to be one of the hottest tunes I've yet to hear on KVR! Now, granted this is the type of music I like to listen to. Such a departure from the typical electronica we get around here(nothing wrong with that :D ) But, I think there are getting to be quite a few of us around here who like jazz and R&B.

Pete C. great work!
S.F. great work!
Topaz get to work!! :D

Hopefully i can hit all you guys up to do some live playing on my tracks. That is if I ever finish one :?
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

topaz wrote:the more I listen to this I realise how cool Sascha Frank is, it's UBER cool to know that KVR has not only some great Computer music producers but also real Top Class Musicians.

love to hear some more stuff Pete, can you post some links please ?

your a fine player Sascha :D :D :D :D
Could I just add an AMEN to that - the original track was really nice but with the live guitar it, well, came alive.

fine, fine work, gents!!

any news on a final version yet ?

I love bumping ancient threads now and then ;-)

topaz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:59 pm I love bumping ancient threads now and then ;-)
I guess you do.
My oh my, I would have a pretty tough time to even find whatever files I had of this.

If the op posts I will try and dig it out.

Hope you are well dude 8)

topaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 am Hope you are well dude 8)
Hm, as well as the situation allows for a working musician. Or better: A non-working musician. I'm sort of getting along more or less fine, though, thanks to my lovely wife and sons, but quite obviously, things are starting to get on my tits quite seriously. And it won't get any better for at least half a year I suppose.

How about you?

Basically the same, everything sucks and everything is great all at once. It’s an odd juxtaposition to be in.

Wife is amazing, will things get back to “normal” no idea. Just glad we have our own lovely home and cut shut out all the shit going on.

Peace
Matt

Sascha Franck wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:13 am
topaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 am Hope you are well dude 8)
Hm, as well as the situation allows for a working musician. Or better: A non-working musician. I'm sort of getting along more or less fine, though, thanks to my lovely wife and sons, but quite obviously, things are starting to get on my tits quite seriously. And it won't get any better for at least half a year I suppose.

How about you?

Return to “Music Cafe”