the return of dead mice [ambient shredding]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by polarsky on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

For starters, it's way too loud. An ambient type piece like this shouldn't be at EDM ear shattering levels. Quieter would have had more of an impact emotionally. Also, with the louder section coming in, well, there's really not much louder to go so the contrast that should have been there isn't there. Not to mention that the second section is horribly distorted in parts. Finally, at the end, it starts to get a little quieter but by then it's too late. Musically, it has potential, but the mix is really bad.

Sorry, but that's the way I hear it.

I would respectfully disagree with Wagtunes on the distortion side. I get where you're coming from here, I've worked with those sorts of driven textures myself (and know a few ambient producers who'd done the same). What I would say however is try some speaker/cabinet simulation on those sounds (something like NadIR will work as its free, just get some free IRs to drop in)... this will tackle some of those higher frequencies that clash out other sounds.

I'd also either speed up motifs so they really do shred, or slow it right down Sunn style. But thats just me, you have to work to find your vision. :-)
Find me on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp etc.

Return to “Music Cafe”