Demo feedback please?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey people, I hope you are all well.
I’d really love to hear some constructive feedback for this demo that I made, e.g. arrangement, mixing, melodics? I’m really just trying to improve.

Thanks,
Owen.

https://soundcloud.com/owen-davidson-2/ ... LnuBTCsSMn

Hi! The sound is good and the mix is good too, sounds balanced and nothing is wrong. Regarding the production some of the sounds are a bit too old school (just personal opinion) like having a piano on a dance song or the main stab sound is not my cup of tea. Transitions are very well done tho and the arrangement of the sounds is good, I like some of the background ones.

So overall sounds good but the feeling I get when I listen to it is that I've heard things like this too much 20 years ago :)

Arrangement:
Your song has a long intro (too long) should have started at 0:30, you built up to something and then segued into a very mellow arp, which was surprising. At 1:30 the main part of the song starts. Thats a long, long time to move into the main section.
2:02 like the vibe and melody , and 2:20 as well, nice stabbing chords.
Melody:
Overall the song is very cheesy. You can get rid of some cheese by using more complex chords (7ths, sus chords etc, and a different bass note (aks slash chord) to the chord can change its colour).

s0m0s wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am Hi! The sound is good and the mix is good too, sounds balanced and nothing is wrong. Regarding the production some of the sounds are a bit too old school (just personal opinion) like having a piano on a dance song or the main stab sound is not my cup of tea. Transitions are very well done tho and the arrangement of the sounds is good, I like some of the background ones.

So overall sounds good but the feeling I get when I listen to it is that I've heard things like this too much 20 years ago :)
I agree! I've tried much harder since this track to make more unique music and get away from this big room progressive house that everyone seems to make. Thanks your taking the time to give me feedback! :)

Bansaw wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:18 pm Arrangement:
Your song has a long intro (too long) should have started at 0:30, you built up to something and then segued into a very mellow arp, which was surprising. At 1:30 the main part of the song starts. Thats a long, long time to move into the main section.
2:02 like the vibe and melody , and 2:20 as well, nice stabbing chords.
Melody:
Overall the song is very cheesy. You can get rid of some cheese by using more complex chords (7ths, sus chords etc, and a different bass note (aks slash chord) to the chord can change its colour).
Yes it is pretty cheesy lol! I think this style is pretty over produced so I've been trying to make more unique styles of music. Thanks for taking the time to feedback my music, I really appreciate it!
All the best :)

Return to “Music Cafe”