Fragile Gods - "Two Worlds"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A dark and dancy synthpop tune. Aika Zabala provided additional vocals and magic.

https://youtu.be/-lJu59eLxEo
https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/twoworlds

Two Worlds on Spotify

Any feedback is appreciated. The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Thanks for listening.
Last edited by Frantz on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nice stuff. Especially enjoyed the wonky synths around min 2..

Really nice! Very rhythmic with an incredibly inspiring voice.
Well rounded composition.

The very deep vocal fragments at 2:00 give the whole thing
something mysterious. The song is almost a bit too short,
which is great! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Ah, it's always nice to hear new stuff from you. I know I'm gonna like it before I even put it on. Still love that voice of yours. So cool sounding. In this one you have a little Lou Reed poking out.

Anyway, great mix as always. Love the synth work and the background voices. I could absolutely imagine this on the radio in the 80s.

Like it. Beginning reminded me of Depeche Mode somewhat.
I think the female vocal adds to the song in terms of relationship, and tension and she has a quality voice. She did the vowel sounds "Ah" good.
1:44 change of chord, I'm still trying to think if I like that or not. It does create some contrast though.
2:24 nice delay pluck
I must get myself a female vocalist!

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 am Nice stuff. Especially enjoyed the wonky synths around min 2..
Thanks for the listen! I thought it needed a little wonkiness there as a change of pace. :)

(I may work on this mix a bit more. I think the chorus could use a bit of EQ'ing.)

Nice stuff. Enjoyable to listen to well done song. Sounds good.

enroe wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 am Really nice! Very rhythmic with an incredibly inspiring voice.
Well rounded composition.

The very deep vocal fragments at 2:00 give the whole thing
something mysterious. The song is almost a bit too short,
which is great! :tu:
I'm glad you enjoyed the composition and vocals.

I did keep try to keep it short and interesting. The longer I worked on it, the more sections I removed to prevent boredom from setting in. If I worked on it for another a month, the song might have ended up 10 seconds long. :hihi:

Thanks for your comments.

nice! vocals could use a little less highs IMO but other than that sounds great! Keep it up!

Smells like 80s, especially the break at 2:00. That's always a good thing, more so as 80's are becoming somewhat distant past.

I appreciate the decision to just wrap it up after the bridge, where typically the hook is belabored or tortured incessantly.
I really think 2 and a half minutes-ish is proper.

Sounds good. Has a slight kraftwerkian reminiscense. I like the tight and tidy bass tone and balance.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:27 pm Ah, it's always nice to hear new stuff from you. I know I'm gonna like it before I even put it on. Still love that voice of yours. So cool sounding. In this one you have a little Lou Reed poking out.

Anyway, great mix as always. Love the synth work and the background voices. I could absolutely imagine this on the radio in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed the vocals and synth work.

Funny you should mention Lou Reed. I remember the first time I listened to a Lou Reed album and I heard his monotone, deadpan New York vocals and decided to stop listening because it would be too easy for me to start mimicking his delivery. :)

Thanks for your comments.

Great track Frantz!
Got all the required elements done properly and some interesting additions.
The female vocals are a nice touch!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Great production and sound quality in general, I would expect. I just love your synth work.
I enjoy the track, but I'm still biased for your older "dark" voiced tracks!

Cheers!

Return to “Music Cafe”