vurt - pagan dada electronica. 36.34.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Listened while doing my June budget and expenses. Turned it off at 36 minutes because I stopped hearing any sound.

Heard 3 distinct parts in this, left, center and right speaker, so either it was multi tracked or you were running multiple oscillators.

Anyway, definitely not the usual stuff I listen to. Makes Tangerine Dream sound like pop music.

I like this one a lot. Neat melange of noise sources, but there's some kind of unifying thread throughout.

I try to do something like this and have no idea where to start. Do you just set things up and let the process take over or is there some amount of arranging/editing ?

My kind of morning music. :)

Best regards,

dp

i like it to, pagan dada! yes! and i agree with StudioDave, there is something unifying all and it has tension.

wagtunes wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:38 pm Listened while doing my June budget and expenses. Turned it off at 36 minutes because I stopped hearing any sound.
hope i didnt mess up your numbers :o

Heard 3 distinct parts in this, left, center and right speaker, so either it was multi tracked or you were running multiple oscillators.
multitracks. six performances layered up.
each performance has sem filter ringing, s n h, for that sort of percussive bit.
and one oscillator for the more bassy sound.
then multiple fx on the sem.
Anyway, definitely not the usual stuff I listen to. Makes Tangerine Dream sound like pop music.
that may get used on something, publicity material maybe (me grafitti ing it on the side of the local police station)

StudioDave wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 am I like this one a lot. Neat melange of noise sources, but there's some kind of unifying thread throughout.

I try to do something like this and have no idea where to start. Do you just set things up and let the process take over or is there some amount of arranging/editing ?

My kind of morning music. :)

Best regards,

dp
its basically, several performances of the same patch, layered and some panning and fades added.
no other mixing or anything.

it wasnt really intentional from the start, i record the performances as normal. then i usually line them up in samplitude, picking the one with the least clipping or crappy bits (hey, it cant always be awesome) and will upload that.

but i pressed play without soloing and it sounded ok,so i had a quick listen, some bits are shorter, so needed fades and similar length ones where panned.

generally though, i build a patch that can go for a bit alone, but will tweak here and there if i "feel it"
im going to assume, this is more fun in the hardware realm, unless you have a pretty amazing midi controller :hihi:
but not impossible in software, just less instant gratificamasturbation :oops:

glad you liked :)

WasteLand wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:31 pm i like it to, pagan dada! yes! and i agree with StudioDave, there is something unifying all and it has tension.
thanks for listening :)
glad you liked too 8)

@dave!
i should have also said, im hoping to borrow a video camera this weekend, so hopefully will be able to show what i do in real time :D

vurt wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm @dave!
i should have also said, im hoping to borrow a video camera this weekend, so hopefully will be able to show what i do in real time :D
nice!

WasteLand wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm
nice!
you say that now, when you see its mostly smoking the pipe and trying to stop the cat chewing cables you may change your mind :hihi:

in all seriousness though, what would people prefer to see?

live stream of building a patch from a totally blank slate? (could be total shite, or take a while to start sounding musical)(if at all)

pre built patch then livestream a noodle?
can at least start somewhere listenable and see what happens :hihi:

i will also do some edited stuff, with recordings as normal. but i like the idea of showing the process, warts and all.
showing mistakes and such may help people realise its not as easy as just plugging everything in and it works.
not that i imagine anyone here thinks that way, most have experience with synths of one sort or another, but i do have friends and family who are stuck in that "anyone can do it if theyve got that machine, the machine does the wotk".

they get this idea because if they drop by while im patching, it does indeed continue playing without me :hihi:

vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm
WasteLand wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm
nice!
you say that now, when you see its mostly smoking the pipe and trying to stop the cat chewing cables you may change your mind :hihi:

in all seriousness though, what would people prefer to see?

live stream of building a patch from a totally blank slate? (could be total shite, or take a while to start sounding musical)(if at all)

pre built patch then livestream a noodle?
can at least start somewhere listenable and see what happens :hihi:

i will also do some edited stuff, with recordings as normal. but i like the idea of showing the process, warts and all.
showing mistakes and such may help people realise its not as easy as just plugging everything in and it works.
not that i imagine anyone here thinks that way, most have experience with synths of one sort or another, but i do have friends and family who are stuck in that "anyone can do it if theyve got that machine, the machine does the wotk".

they get this idea because if they drop by while im patching, it does indeed continue playing without me :hihi:
I know full well what goes into programming modular synths. It's a bitch. Even something simple like adding a delay module. You have to be careful that you don't patch yourself into this endless loop and get feedback that blows your ears out of the room. Softube Modular is really quirky as far as hooking up a delay. Maybe I'll take some pictures one day. It's freakin' spaghetti to get it right.

yup, like i said, wouldnt expect anyone here to think its easy.
id be interested what youd like to see wags, as someone who has always been interested in whats going on, even when you dont necessarily like the audio :)

music I hope :scared:

AnX wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm
music I hope :scared:
schwannnnggggggg!!!!!

vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:52 pm yup, like i said, wouldnt expect anyone here to think its easy.
id be interested what youd like to see wags, as someone who has always been interested in whats going on, even when you dont necessarily like the audio :)
Well, I'm personally fascinated by the process. The journey from beginning to end. Every patch chord, every connection, every sound that every change makes, even the ones that end up causing absolute chaos. The end result is actually the least interesting part of the process. Sure, I want to know what all that work ultimately produces but I'm more interested in how you got there.

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”