Japanese-ish soundtrack-ish tune :D

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This tune was originally made around early 2000 using my Roland E-96. I decided to remake it using my current set up as this is one of my personal all-time favorite tracks. It has that Japanese feel, and I'm always a big fan :)

Hope you can enjoy the work!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/relentless

Great composition! A relaxing melody with a nice arrangement.

I would like to hear this with drums that sound more natural.

Excellent music. I agree with everything Frantz said. The hi hat was especially distracting to me. Still much enjoyed.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Nice, reminds me of Getek’s Group (pop Sunda band) for that synth shakuhachi, what did you use for those sounds?
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

@Frantz and @Morgaxx: many thanks! Yes, I can understand what you mean about the drum sound. I was thinking about adding Taiko sound, but then again I don't really know what I'm doing, so it sounds strange and I cancelled it. At least I know a bit more in playing drum digitally, I will look more into this and make some changes :hihi:

@Music Bird: Many thanks for this, I'll listen to Getek's. I used the embedded DSL Softsynth on my DAW for shakuhachi, luckily the sound is quite good.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

I like this!

I think the drums i kinda fine as it is. The hihat could be a little lower in volume, perhaps.
Everytime it opens it distracts me from listening to the rest of the song.
Or add some reverb and try to push the hihat back a bit.

Otherwise, thumbs up!

can easily hear this as the opening theme to some new drama series.
a very pleasant listening experience. nice one, Adi :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yeah it reminds me to something I’ve heard in a sinetron or telenovela before.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

This is a really nice sound!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

@DanielPersson: many thanks for listening..indeed, I would look more into lowering the hit hat sound...or maybe training other drum vst, let's see how it works..

@layzer: Many thanks for the kind comment. Haha, hopefully it's a samurai themed drama :D

@Maltone: Cheers!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Good thing you didn't go with the Taiko, Adi. I think it would have completely changed the character of the piece. You might have inadvertently strayed into "Black Rain" main theme territory. Remember that one? 1989 puts it squarely into the Tom Selleck era :wink:

I think I agree with the points raised regarding the hat. It seems to be driving the piece along, but I think it should be taking more of a back seat here after the drum intro. The rest of the instrumentation sounds great.

Good work :)

Love the melody. The lead flute line is a great of how effective simple lines can be. Find a movie to put this behind!

@seismic1: Hi Tim, many thanks again for your comment and feedback. I think I've watched "Black Rain", will need to re-watch it, haha...Yes, the 80s'90s is always my music range of time :D On the Taiko, I was thinking about putting it in the background, but that indeed did not go as planned, so I delete it. As for the hat, I yet to find the time to experiment with the volume, reverb, or maybe change the VST...but this is definitely on my agenda!

@ecamburn: cheers, mate, many thanks for the kind comment! I think when I first made it in 2000s the flute has more melodies, but then I cannot remember them. I can only still remember the ones in the current version, so glad those work out :lol: And yes, let's look for the movie in need for this tune, haha!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Do you take that flute by yourself? nice one man!
Roots, Rock, Reggae

jcolle wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:28 am Do you take that flute by yourself? nice one man!
@jcolle, yes, using keyboard, though, I'm definitely not a flute player :D Many thanks for listening!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Return to “Music Cafe”