Strange Pursuit (Karma Kover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I come running like a fat boy in lead shoes...running like a fat boy huff...puffin' after you...
https://soundcloud.com/karma_tba/strange-pursuit

Nice choice! I've only got krappy headphones at work, I'll have a good listen later.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 am Nice choice! I've only got krappy headphones at work, I'll have a good listen later.
It's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.

Got some rhythmic elements going on. Lyrics are funny.
I listened on some speakers at work and the vocal was getting lost.
But I'm listening at home and it sounds better.
I enjoyed this one. Well done.

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:18 pmIt's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.
We've been working on an album of covers and we decided to go with Beautiful World but you've inspired me to have a look at something a bit less well known, like Blockhead or Gates of Steel, maybe even Smart Patrol/Mr DNA.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Bansaw wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm Got some rhythmic elements going on. Lyrics are funny.
I listened on some speakers at work and the vocal was getting lost.
But I'm listening at home and it sounds better.
I enjoyed this one. Well done.
I did mix this but songwriting credits belong to a lil' band from Ohio...DEVO.

BONES wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:45 am
Karma_tba wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:18 pmIt's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.
We've been working on an album of covers and we decided to go with Beautiful World but you've inspired me to have a look at something a bit less well known, like Blockhead or Gates of Steel, maybe even Smart Patrol/Mr DNA.
You can't go wrong with any one of those. My personal favorite would be Blockhead. "Duty Now For The Future!"

Thanks for sharing Karma_tba. Listening on my studio speakers the vocal does get lost at times and masked by the drums, but that's my personal opinion. Cool song :phones: :phones:
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm Thanks for sharing Karma_tba. Listening on my studio speakers the vocal does get lost at times and masked by the drums, but that's my personal opinion. Cool song :phones: :phones:
You're not the first to mention the drop out on the vocals. I'm still a noob and to be honest my stuff is hit or miss. Thanks for the input and listen.

Return to “Music Cafe”