Plus^j by Lathe

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haven't posted in a long time- I just got back into making music again after like a 10 year hiatus. I've got a lot of new sounds on the way. Also I stream making these tracks on twitch at twitch.tv/01014label. If y'all wanna come hang out.

I think I went a little overboard on the low end with this, but overall I was pretty happy with it. I am most happy with the glitchy vocals at the end. I was inspired by Vaetxh to make this track, though it didn't come out like anything near the level of DSP that man does. It just kind of turned into what it is.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on it. Thanksssss.

https://soundcloud.com/euphil
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

at 1:38 in plus^ begins a quite beautiful passage, the harmony changes.
The features of this jump right at you, which seems rare for electronica.

largely pandiatonic but with definition and not cloudy or a wash. I like that thru most of it is this total dissonance, like there's something wrong beneath the surface positivity

So naice xD. Thanks!
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

10 years is a long stretch. I can relate. I took probably a 10 year hiatus when my kids were little.

Lovely choice of sounds, cool beats, excellent mix. A lot of detail in the voicing, but not too busy. I'm hearing a little Aphex Twin in there in the lead sound and melodies. The tune just kept going to different, interesting places as it progressed.

Nice quirky track that is not following any template.
Plenty to listen to in a short time!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

the production is loud and it just sounds like a bunch of random samples pasted together end to end with a simple piano on top
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

:lol:

Few who watched it unfold will soon forget the cello debacle, lazier. You have truly no clue.

This was creative and I for one can hear the musical thought in it. Beyond a certain type's rudimentary grasp one supposes.

ecamburn wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:59 pm I'm hearing a little Aphex Twin in there in the lead sound and melodies.
definite hints of him and autechre/squarepusher and co.

which is no bad thing at all :tu:
nice work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”