Relaxed 80s vibe

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

This is my first attempt using Akai MPK Mini, Android tablet and Bandlab :) Nothing fancy, just a simple ost-ish 80s track. Hope you can enjoy.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/open-path

that was cool, Adi. i think i would have enjoyed it more if it didnt come
over recorded so hot and compressed. pretty amazing how technology has
minimized the recording studio... soon people will have pinky ring DAWs
connected to their brains over bluetooth 500.2
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The composition is very good. :tu:

I agree with Layzer regarding how compressed the track sounds. I think the drums are too loud. At 2:17, the bass seems distorted. Perhaps you have less control over the sound in an Android app?

Hi @layzer and @frantz, many thanks for the comment and feedback! Well, I used the mastering option from Bandlab, but it didn't work as expected :D I have updated the file on Souncloud without mastering from Bandlab, hopefully it sounds better.

@layzer, yes, I agree! :D Things are getting star trek-ish :hihi: well, my tablet has begun to reach its limit when I finished with the song (freeze several times), but it got the job done for some light music.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Yeah well, I like the track but as others said it still needs some work, sound is ok.

I really like this track.
I do however think it deserves some "real" studio time! :)

@excuse me please and @DanielPersson many thanks for listening. Indeed, I might just do that, there is only so much I can do using bandlab :) But it is an interesting experience, and quite fun :D

Kind regards,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Return to “Music Cafe”