Fragile Gods - "The Words I Never Said"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arjuna wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:50 am Frantz, I love your track. If I may, take inspiration of the band "And One" which are oldschool synthpop but minus the dark sentiments :)
Thanks for commenting Arjuna.

I am aware of "And One" and I do like some of their albums. Although I have seen live footage where their lead singer mimics Dave Gahan's stage moves (spinning holding the mic stand) which is unfortunate.

kingozrecords wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:27 pm Weird in a good way. But somehow I keep thinking of commander data staring at his arm that has been detached by his commanding officer who is explaining that ultimately he is a machine and can be dis-assembled. I don't understand the symmetry but it's there.
It is strange that you got this image from the song but I guess every interpretation is valid.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

StudioDave wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:57 pm Joining the praise chorus a little late, so not much to add to the comments posted already. The harmonies are excellent, Aika's voice complements yours perfectly. Very impressive vocal mix, one of the best I've heard here.
I agree this is some of Aika's best work. Thanks for commenting Dave. :)

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm If somebody told me they had heard this on the radio back in the 80s, I would have believed them.

Flawless. Damn, I wish I could sing like you.

Human League, eat your heart out.
I am spending a lot more time doing multiple takes on vocals these days because they steal focus away from all the synth sounds. Thanks Wags. I appreciate the comments. :)

MRT wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 am You don't need me to tell you this is a killer track. You've mastered the vibe and vocals.
The real standout for me on this track is the way you handled the vocal switch on the middle chorus, the short delay before the second voice comes in really hooked me. That and the video with the lyrics is really nice.
Job well done!
The vocal switch in the middle chorus was a variation I came up with during the mixing stage and I agree it was a highlight.

Glad you liked the lyrics video. It was quite involved learning Adobe After Effects. Thanks MRT. :)

Clear mix and master - no unpleasant frequencies on here. One can hear you spent some time with mixing. Great work.

needs more cowbell :)
(the video, not the song, song is great, no complaints).

good work as usual :tu:

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:15 pm Clear mix and master - no unpleasant frequencies on here. One can hear you spent some time with mixing. Great work.
Thanks for all the listens and comments. :)

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:41 am needs more cowbell :)
(the video, not the song, song is great, no complaints).

good work as usual :tu:
Yeah, videos are kind of a problem. I think I should get a big modular system as a prop so I would have something cool to show in videos. Plugins don't really translate well into videos. Thanks for watching and commenting. :)

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:07 pm I think I should get a big modular system as a prop so I would have something cool to show in videos. Plugins don't really translate well into videos.
:hihi: :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”