The Knitscher (scifi, horror, impressionistic old school electronic) - Video-Thread -> last of the bunch

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by thomekk on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Updated with the second video
Symphony Nr.1

Interesting explorations.

My only gripe with the second offering was with the isolated higher frequencies within the sound: Lone partials which either sound like an exhausted additive engine, low quality mp3 or experiments with SPEAR. I don't know if they were individually composed - if so, then there is art in its structure - but it's not an aesthetic that I find pleasing. Not uncomfortable or unsettling but simply not to my taste. Which is purely subjective, of course - so feel free to disregard my thoughts here and don't let my opinion influence you negatively.

I did very much enjoy that classic gathering of sound at the end of the second part.

'Enjoyed' (not necessarily the best word) both pieces...

My only big issue with the first one was the string sound which was quite flat and static on its sustained notes...I wanted a little more subtle dynamic rise and fall from them?

Worked well otherwise - effective little melodic fragments in there that were developed as it progressed.

Loved the STOP START aspect of the 2nd one...for me, the pauses were just as important as the notes...something that too many composers still forget at times!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Nice work.
Evocative of some retro sci-fis.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:02 am Interesting explorations.

My only gripe with the second offering was with the isolated higher frequencies within the sound: Lone partials which either sound like an exhausted additive engine, low quality mp3 or experiments with SPEAR. I don't know if they were individually composed - if so, then there is art in its structure - but it's not an aesthetic that I find pleasing. Not uncomfortable or unsettling but simply not to my taste. Which is purely subjective, of course - so feel free to disregard my thoughts here and don't let my opinion influence you negatively.

I did very much enjoy that classic gathering of sound at the end of the second part.
Thanks a lot for your thoughts / impressions!
It was just done as that and laters I thought this could fit with the other "Knitschers"
Symphony Nr.1

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 pm 'Enjoyed' (not necessarily the best word) both pieces...

My only big issue with the first one was the string sound which was quite flat and static on its sustained notes...I wanted a little more subtle dynamic rise and fall from them?

Worked well otherwise - effective little melodic fragments in there that were developed as it progressed.

Loved the STOP START aspect of the 2nd one...for me, the pauses were just as important as the notes...something that too many composers still forget at times!
Thanks for giving it a listen!
First one was simply done like this, and yeah, being so small it could be for sure extended or changed - but I liked it though being small as it is.

The second one was also just a comprovisation. I guess I cannot say much about how I made it, just important was - after having all these "Knitschers" that they gave some sense having them gathered around to combine.
Symphony Nr.1

Bansaw wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:23 am Nice work.
Evocative of some retro sci-fis.
Merci :)
Symphony Nr.1

Cool! Well done horror ambiance on both video.

I liked the second one. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys!
Next video will follow soon
Symphony Nr.1

thomekk wrote:
For those who can enjoy this stuff...
That'd be me. Totally enjoyed both pieces. Btw, personally I like the "dry" sound of the second part, it gives it a bit of the old "electronic music" sound from the later 50s.

Forgive me for not watching the videos while listening. I like to hear music apart from visuals - less distraction for an old fellow like me - and yours is standing perfectly well on its own.

Thanks for sharing !

Best regards,

dp

Hey, thanks a lot

That makes me happy. :tu:
I originally did a lot of them dry - because that seemed to be enough.
I made an all Knitschers-Monolith though with all of them and with reverb.
But I left the sounds for the videos as they were.

And yes, I can absolutely understand feeling not the need to watch. It should work without that.
I just had fun imagining what could visually fit to those oscure minimals and tried some stuff out.
Symphony Nr.1

and the next...
Sinus Brötzer (not that horrorful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hHh3hNaNM
Symphony Nr.1

Symphony Nr.1