The first remix Basto

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

As with the theme, I need feedback on my remix, especially from experienced users and an overall evaluation of. 🙂

https://soundcloud.com/user-723422879/b ... ntis-remix
Last edited by Santisa on Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nothing there?!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

starts out well enough, but i exited as soon as i heard the compression pumping. :shrug:
from what i did hear, it sounded like typical old late 90's - early 2000s trance
with the wooshes and fat, reverbed plucks everyone used at that time.... ho hum.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

You mean it's not popular now?
What would you suggest?

Santisa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:36 am You mean it's not popular now?
What would you suggest?
shooting for more originality, YOUR own sound. :idea:

Having now had a listen, I do pretty much agree with Layzer..

Interesting ideas in there, but...

It's heavily over compressed at times and...

Quite reliant on very standard ideas that have been used many times before... Nothing wrong with that as long as there is also something alongside to give it all your own personal flavour as such.

Has potential without a doubt!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

layzer wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 am
What would you suggest?
that's a good insight, even for a remix. I will remember about this.
I think it will come to me in time.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:56 am Having now had a listen, I do pretty much agree with Layzer..

Interesting ideas in there, but...

It's heavily over compressed at times and...

Quite reliant on very standard ideas that have been used many times before... Nothing wrong with that as long as there is also something alongside to give it all your own personal flavour as such.

Has potential without a doubt!
I also agree with your suggestion and layzer . Too much compression is therefore the result of too bad kick, making the chorus less coherent. I have to correct this.
I have a question for you and Layzer. How do I find my own style / sound?

Santisa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:51 pm
layzer wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 am
What would you suggest?
that's a good insight, even for a remix.
well yeah, whats the point of a remix if it sounds just like the original?
as opposed to a cover where you ARE trying to make it sound like the original, right?

How do I find my own style / sound?
That's one of the BIG questions when creating music!!!

"...Mark's tracks all have a recognisable style, a style that seems to be quite unique to him — a hard thing to achieve." Felix Cemmell ‘The Wire’ magazine

That's one of my favourite reviews ever of my own music (I've had some serious stinkers as well over the years)

I think it just probably takes time and the willingness to experiment with all of the musical and production elements involved.

Yeah - study and learn from others as much as you can ( I'm constantly playing along with pieces of music and wondering 'how did they do that'?) BUT...

Then use those ideas in a slightly different way maybe? In the area of club dance music try not to be too obsessed by styles and what's expected...just create a good groove with a good tune above it and most listeners won't care whether it's Techno, Trance, Dubstep, Garage or whatever.

Not bad. But it sounds more like a collage of sounds thrown together than like a mix. A bit of subtlety here and there won't hurt IMO.

Santisa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm I have a question for you and Layzer. How do I find my own style / sound?
yeah, it takes time. apparently i have found mine
according to this comment on my song "lets all feel good"
on my soundcloud. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:48 pm
How do I find my own style / sound?
That's one of the BIG questions when creating music!!!

"...Mark's tracks all have a recognisable style, a style that seems to be quite unique to him — a hard thing to achieve." Felix Cemmell ‘The Wire’ magazine

That's one of my favourite reviews ever of my own music (I've had some serious stinkers as well over the years)

I think it just probably takes time and the willingness to experiment with all of the musical and production elements involved.

Yeah - study and learn from others as much as you can ( I'm constantly playing along with pieces of music and wondering 'how did they do that'?) BUT...

Then use those ideas in a slightly different way maybe? In the area of club dance music try not to be too obsessed by styles and what's expected...just create a good groove with a good tune above it and most listeners won't care whether it's Techno, Trance, Dubstep, Garage or whatever.
Thank you for your reply. This is a lot of useful information that will help me become more and more professional, for which I would like to thank you.

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:06 pm
Santisa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm I have a question for you and Layzer. How do I find my own style / sound?
yeah, it takes time. apparently i have found mine
according to this comment on my song "lets all feel good"
on my soundcloud. :wink:
Where can I listen your tracks?

Return to “Music Cafe”