RDonkelly - I Believe I Could Die

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time for a bit of a daft interlude in these trying times.

This month's contest on the FL Studio forum is to do something in a stylee of music that you hate, using just teh frootyloops sounds and your own recordings. Obviously, being an old curmudgeon there were many, many choices. I did consider the tarnce, but I'm feeling a bit sorry for it these days as it seems to be losing out to the EDMs.

Decided to go for a bit of the old horrific smootv plastic soul/the Rs &Bs, throw down some beets and shit;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/rdo ... die-v2.mp3

I would warn this probably is, as they say, 'not safe for work', unless you work in the adult industry, in which case it's probably fine. :hihi:

:o
busy week.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:42 am throw down some beets 'n shit;
Well, you certainly did that. Great voice man! def got some 'feels' goin' on.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks for this. Gave me wood.

Ha Ha quality, pissed myself laughing at the lyrics. The chorus is just a wee bit different from the Craig David song where he sings about what he did on the days of the week. :hihi:
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 am :o
busy week.
Rests on a Sunday though.. :scared:

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:26 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:42 am throw down some beets 'n shit;
Well, you certainly did that. Great voice man! def got some 'feels' goin' on.
Cheers, but more 'Lemmy', than, 'Luther Vandross'', I fear!

mcnoone wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:11 pm Thanks for this. Gave me wood.
All part of the 'service' (missus..)

beanpole wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm The chorus is just a wee bit different from the Craig David song where he sings about what he did on the days of the week. :hihi:

Exactly where I got from though...

Me and a mate at work used to do it to mercilessly rip the piss out of another colleague who foolishly admitted in the smoking area that he quite liked that song.. :hihi:

Hilarious and well crafted! Brit and I laughed most of the way through the first listen. “Sunday... for the lord” :singer: :lol:

justin3am wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:04 pm “Sunday... for the lord” :singer: :lol:
Praise the lard!

Love it :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Nice mellow organ on the right side. What's that? Those drums are gorgeous. :hihi: Really nice song, enjoyed it!

While listening closer to your latest release on Bandcamp, I can hear a mix of Bob Mould (Hüsker Dü) and Robert Palmer in the vocals - but in the end, a comparison to the Psychedelic Furs would be more suitable, I think. This release is great, the title also - I must agree to that claim .. and thank you for the free download. Much appreciated!

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:31 pm Love it :D
Cheers!

Return to “Music Cafe”