vurt - the birth, life and death of a universe (some noises)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

folderol wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:13 pm Very... umm... Vurt :lol:
When I was working (industrial service) you'd have loved one place we had to go to quite often. This was a huge printing and packaging outfit. You had presses banging away, magazine binders rattling along strappers, giving a regular slap sound, and deep thumps from the cardboard box cutters. You simply had to wear ear defenders.

The amazing thing was that every 40 minutes or so, for just one thump/crash/slap/rattle everything would come into sync with a brief eerie silence immediately before and after. I always wanted to take a recorder in there to capture it, but never managed it :(
yeah, ive worked in a few factories :scared:
youd think id hate all that noise :lol:
like you, noticed a lot of weird syncing in machines over various periods. we were mainly working with sheet metal and the like, so lots of manual machines, but due to the regular sizes of the various things being cut, little rhythms would grow from that :tu:
sadly, again like yourself, it being a long time before the advent of mobile phones in my case, or much in the way of portable recording equipment for consumers, never got round to getting any recordings.

thanks for listening :)

jancivil wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:56 pm some o' the noises here remind me of Varese Deserts, the factory portions on tape
8) :D
any mention of varese makes me happy, thanks for listening :D

Return to “Music Cafe”