QDM (quirky dance music) track for listening and amusement... final "product"...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all. I recently put a track online and received a lot of gratifying feedback. I was extremely dissatisfied with the track (yes, I know that someone who doesn't have to earn any money with it might be a little exaggerated ...) regardless, I changed the whole thing and ended up here. now i'm at least halfway satisfied musically - the mixing will probably never turn out to be any "good" (professional) - the time and the know-how are simply missing. hey and i have to practice properly on the instrument for my real job ... :harp:

oh if I shouldn't have opened a new topic for that, let me know ... for the next time.
have a nice day btw...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywj8xMsi0Lg
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

will listen later, on phone at min, so can't hear any bass :lol:

there's a monkey missing!
do no evil!
he often gets missed out, because he's a dirty little masturbating monkey :o
true!
Last edited by vurt on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:04 pm will listen later, on phone at Mon, so can't hear any bass :lol:

there's a monkey missing!
do no evil!
he often gets missed out, because he's a dirty little masturbating monkey :o
true!
Stop it...my sides hurt sooooo much from laughing....God, my ribs!!! :party: :help: :D

Needed a laugh though after my recent interaction on here...did NOT go well! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

im not even joking :lol:
Screenshot_2021-04-02-14-38-10-351~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Thomas,
Mix is great to my ears...for a classical organist, maaaan do you pick up music tech seriously fast! :)

Punchy, tight yet warm.

Plenty of upfront sounds to grab the listener, but supported by more distant pads / FX etc.

Good stereo spread - nicely balanced

Ditto the frequency spectrum as well

Good use of delay on that main melody...just enough to add some movement and energy in those melodic pauses as such

Musically I think it works very well - great 'rise and fall' with a more intense and insistent little edge to the section just before the percussion outro.

Catchy, quirky melody-driven electronica
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:39 pm im not even joking :lol:

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo...I think a rib's just snapped dude! :scared: :o

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:39 pm im not even joking :lol:

:lol:

that could also ... he has a stomachache ... appendix !!! he ... aem rubs his stomach wall ... to get rid of the pain ... but that satisfied grin ...

stop! the spinal cord is shrinking !!! at least i pray for him.... :pray:
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:41 pm Hi Thomas,
Mix is great to my ears...for a classical organist, maaaan do you pick up music tech seriously fast! :)

Punchy, tight yet warm.

Plenty of upfront sounds to grab the listener, but supported by more distant pads / FX etc.

Good stereo spread - nicely balanced

Ditto the frequency spectrum as well

Good use of delay on that main melody...just enough to add some movement and energy in those melodic pauses as such

Musically I think it works very well - great 'rise and fall' with a more intense and insistent little edge to the section just before the percussion outro.

Catchy, quirky melody-driven electronica
hi mark. Thank you for the compliment. But you already know that I owe at least 60% of that to you. The tips you posted were really useful. Before that I didn't even know that it makes sense to use the pan-pots. I think overall my ears are somehow at least a bit trained... classical way. But i find it way easier to balance a real choir or small orchestra (i think when doing some bach cantatas) than to balance 3 synths... I really don't know why. Maybe the frequencies? Someday I would be tempted to play the organ and using some beats ... but I don't know if i can risk that. let's say the environment is conservative. :lol:
myself in 2022

Someday I would be tempted to play the organ and using some beats ... but I don't know if i can risk that. let's say the environment is conservative.
I 100% understand that! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCnVJNxKR9s

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:58 pm
Someday I would be tempted to play the organ and using some beats ... but I don't know if i can risk that. let's say the environment is conservative.

I didn't mean something like that. if then with the appropriate "pop" harmony and electronic beats. these classic crossover pieces alienate me more than I like them. I am always somehow "embarrassed" when i listen to them - something deep in my "soul" is fighting then ... don't know how to explain it better in english. I was then shaped and trained too classically - I also play the very classic "academic" concert pieces in my concerts. does the video appeal to you 100%? I could imagine arvo pärt with electronic beats. or something like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJpuUpHCEI
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:45 pm

I didn't mean something like that. if then with the appropriate "pop" harmony and electronic beats. these classic crossover pieces alienate me more than I like them. I am always somehow "embarrassed" when i listen to them - something deep in my "soul" is fighting then ... don't know how to explain it better in english. I was then shaped and trained too classically - I also play the very classic "academic" concert pieces in my concerts. does the video appeal to you 100%? I could imagine arvo pärt with electronic beats. or something like that:
The video I posted...yeah, not keen on that sort of thing as well...only meant as a joke, really...just don't know why people bother as the drums add nothing for me at all!

Franz Danksagmüller - had never heard of him at all and I thought the piece was very interesting...circular by name, circular by form in so many ways! Going to have a listen to more of his music!

Yeah, certain Part compositions could work as a hybrid arrangement of some sort...certainly the ones from his later tintinnabulation 'minimalist' style!

lovely stuff, while being different, has me in mind of some autechre, ex tal? maybe 8)
its the off beatness of it, quirky indeed.
nice mix too, and love the fat wooly bass :D

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:32 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:45 pm

The video I posted...yeah, not keen on that sort of thing as well...only meant as a joke, really...just don't know why people bother as the drums add nothing for me at all!

Franz Danksagmüller - had never heard of him at all and I thought the piece was very interesting...circular by name, circular by form in so many ways! Going to have a listen to more of his music!

Yeah, certain Part compositions could work as a hybrid arrangement of some sort...certainly the ones from his later tintinnabulation 'minimalist' style!
Franz Danksagmüller wrote some interesting pieces for organ. but not that many. I think he is a professor in lübeck, only had one contact with him via email - I asked him about his pieces, but never really got around to practicing and performing them.
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 pm lovely stuff, while being different, has me in mind of some autechre, ex tal? maybe 8)
:D glad you like it. but what is a "wooly" bass ?? ...
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:48 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 pm lovely stuff, while being different, has me in mind of some autechre, ex tal? maybe 8)
:D glad you like it. but what is a "wooly" bass ?? ...
the bass sound, it's like a snuggly warm blanket :ud:

Return to “Music Cafe”