Half finished 80's style of rapping track :) Looking for your feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/privatebackup/fresh-frequiences

Hi!

I am looking for feedback and constructive criticism. :) I know that my voice is not very good, especially now that I've got a severe cold, or maybe it's even covid =/

The hard part will be recording the chorus properly, it vanishes into the mix =/ And I know it's TERRIBLE once it hits the chorus, but at least I kept some of it so that you have some idea where it's going :) Hopefully I can come up with something easier to sing.

But maybe it will cut through better once i am better.

I have really tried to NAIL that 80's old school way of rapping, before the gangsters took over :) It's the only type for rapping that I really like, and it makes me very happy.

Not bad. Maybe a bit too loud. Your voice could be processed better.

excuse me please wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:41 pm Not bad. Maybe a bit too loud. Your voice could be processed better.
Yes, well I think my current microphone preamp is half broken. It sounds very harsh and strange now a days :) I have ordered a new one, a dbx286. Gonna be exciting what it does to vocals, because it's a real analog compressor, horray. :)

Liked it!
In terms of mixing though, the voice needs to cut through more. Mabe simply lower the music volume or pan some elements to the side and have the voice come down the middle, for example.

Return to “Music Cafe”