(Metal) Don't Lie To Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few years back I did my typical absurdist, creep, goofball, anti-social, cringe, shtick. But recently someone with actual talent took it in a very different direction. This supports my theory that behind every thing that has some social relevance, there is a drooling madman.

https://soundcloud.com/tritoneaddiction/dont-lie-to-me

https://youtu.be/IIqbZoTCtZc

I watched the video first, after reading the notes on SoundCloud and YouTube.

PSOYW is interesting. Some of the video FX are quite unsettling, which I assume was your intention. The music was also unsettling, with the modulated synth FX and the "ambient" pads sitting behind a funky synth riff backing up some unconventional vocals, whose melody I thought bore a resemblance to NIИ's Vessel in places.

Speaking of NIИ, I thought "Don't Lie to Me" certainly had a lot of similarities to some of their late '90s and early '00s music. The re-ordering of your original lyrics seems to make more sense, and the re-work was a big success. Nice Sound.

I had completely forgotten about "Out of Touch". I haven''t listened to that in about 35 years.

Good work :)

I have no idea what's going on, but I dig it. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

seismic1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:51 pm I watched the video first, after reading the notes on SoundCloud and YouTube.

PSOYW is interesting. Some of the video FX are quite unsettling, which I assume was your intention. The music was also unsettling, with the modulated synth FX and the "ambient" pads sitting behind a funky synth riff backing up some unconventional vocals, whose melody I thought bore a resemblance to NIИ's Vessel in places.

Speaking of NIИ, I thought "Don't Lie to Me" certainly had a lot of similarities to some of their late '90s and early '00s music. The re-ordering of your original lyrics seems to make more sense, and the re-work was a big success. Nice Sound.

I had completely forgotten about "Out of Touch". I haven''t listened to that in about 35 years.

Good work :)
thanks for the taking the time to leave a well thought out comment.
I'm slowly working my way over to your's and since it is so long I might just focus on one section of it. I love NIN and vessel is a stand out track to me, a lot of energy in that.

ooh i missed this somehow?
tagged for tomorrow back on the big screen :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:42 pm ooh i missed this somehow?
i got this score card that i devised as a result of my new Phil Spector role(fil sphphinktor my new noise handle for the day) that i will use on a section of your newest work and give you feed back that will change your life

another psycho mistreating his cell phone. No work! Thanks dude!

htcnext2 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:51 pm another psycho mistreating his cell phone.
Young man,
I am not just "another" anything. I am THE PSYCHO.
Moving on, as of recent I have become very inspired by the great Raymond Haddad( insert missing KVR smiley of yellow head playing modular synth).

KENFLO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:42 pm ooh i missed this somehow?
i got this score card that i devised as a result of my new Phil Spector role(fil sphphinktor my new noise handle for the day) that i will use on a section of your newest work and give you feed back that will change your life
make me taller? :o

metal version!
tight! they/he certainly knows his stuff, lots of energy in the right places :tu:
really good cover version, the kind i like because it takes the original but does something different! too many people think cover version is "direct copy" and dont put anything of themselves in to it.

video version.
i can see what he means about "no work" in the sense that, there was very little sorting out sets, camera placement and such, just you wandering about, with some playing clips and some film/tv bits, including one of my favourite cartoons of all time so bonus points!!! (have 50!)
but there was plenty of fx abuse, and cutting and editing so there was some work!
and a pretty great track too, my kind of weird! as for putting spells on my wife, how do you think i get them? :hihi:
little bit of mesmerism hurt noone! ever!

i look forward to the feedback :D

Return to “Music Cafe”