EDM track - looking for feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Zeekuh on Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

the sync on this seems to be kind of sloppy at the start. song itself is full of standard ol trance sounds and grooves, imo. mix sounds ok tho.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

you pushed it to the limit, obviously- not my kind of stuff, but go for it..

I think sound choice is important. And the lead sound that comes in at 0:15 is not the best, and the subsequent piano-like arp is not a great sound choice either. I don't think the piano sound fits.
I like the different nice little FX in there that do add to the interest of the track.
The kick sound is very prominent, but I'm struggling to hear the snare come through. There is a chance to add some nice higher percussion like hats etc. to the chorus and other parts. Changing the percussion up can enhance and create interest so people stay listening.

Theme is nice, maybe the piano should be more bossa nova.

Thanks for all the input :) I made some adjustments
Added some own percussion instead of boring loops that i used before and gave them a lot more focus in the mix.
Bansaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:23 am I think sound choice is important. And the lead sound that comes in at 0:15 is not the best, and the subsequent piano-like arp is not a great sound choice either. I don't think the piano sound fits.
I like the different nice little FX in there that do add to the interest of the track.
The kick sound is very prominent, but I'm struggling to hear the snare come through. There is a chance to add some nice higher percussion like hats etc. to the chorus and other parts. Changing the percussion up can enhance and create interest so people stay listening.
Changed up the intro lead to a arp synth and replaced the piano with a pluck instead, also adjusted snare volume to make it punch through the mix more.

Here's the v2 (actually remade whole song in new project as i wasnt happy with the mixdown completly, also changed the key think it sounds a bit better in A minor)
https://soundcloud.com/erik-svensson-31 ... b0YKYj5yaw

Zeekuh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:52 am
Changed up the intro lead to a arp synth and replaced the piano with a pluck instead, also adjusted snare volume to make it punch through the mix more.
Great job.
For me this sounds way better than V1.

Yeah, that's much butter all over.
5 improvements out of 5!
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Made a few more improvements and remade it from scratch
Think it turned out better than v2
https://soundcloud.com/erik-svensson-31 ... C4VThXPcuU

Return to “Music Cafe”