Dystopian Elements - Remix (Techno)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRian
768 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:41 am

Deep down from the archives.

I dug out a remix I made years ago for techno producer Maelstrom.

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/h ... kguloYVB7W

This remix was made using a sample pack provided by Maelstrom. I found it worth uploading because of the extremely bass heavy sounds in there.. Recommended: crank up the volume until the bass speaker pops out - :lol: :borg: :hug: :roll:

Well, thanks for listening, if anyone finds the time (and also for commenting, of course).

Greetings
NR
Last edited by htcnext2 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
1223 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Post Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:20 am

Yes very heavy bass ambiance on the track... In my opinion I miss more treble to balance the soundscape...
Or maybe it's my hearing that have loosed a lot of high frequencies.
Anyway a nice track.

KVRAF
10505 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:51 am

This is quite different from your normal style. It's mush more techno oriented. I preferred the second half of the piece when more elements arrived.

Good work :)

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:13 am

Thanks markkuja and seismic1 for listening and commenting!
Last edited by htcnext2 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
106 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Post Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 am

I'm getting attracted every time I listen to this. The kind of industrial/minimal techno that is keeping interest while staying gritty and rough.

I don't have any bass heavy equipment but it sounds quite balanced to me in terms of mixing. Every small detail can be clearly identified.

The structure of the track feels very thoughtout. The first section is more atmospheric, the second section is rougth and rhythmically intense, and the third is kinda mix between them.

I like this more organic sound palette. Mulfunctioning equipment, elecromagnetic interferences, bass drones and deep melodic sounds. Really works for that creepy but intriguing atmosphere.
"Music is like traveling. Traveling without moving."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 pm

VCA-089 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 am
I'm getting attracted every time I listen to this. The kind of industrial/minimal techno that is keeping interest while staying gritty and rough.

I don't have any bass heavy equipment but it sounds quite balanced to me in terms of mixing. Every small detail can be clearly identified.

The structure of the track feels very thoughtout. The first section is more atmospheric, the second section is rougth and rhythmically intense, and the third is kinda mix between them.

I like this more organic sound palette. Mulfunctioning equipment, elecromagnetic interferences, bass drones and deep melodic sounds. Really works for that creepy but intriguing atmosphere.
Wow, thanks for that comment! This track was made with a one shot sample pack by Maelstrom, and I must say, I never heard anything punchier before, or even afterwards. After years of dwelling in the archives I found it listenable still..

Anyways, thanks for thoughts on structure and sound style. Much appreciated.
:party: 8) :)

Return to “Music Cafe”