[rock] Hey Caroline

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
enroe
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1713 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:43 am

wavephonic wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:08 am
great example of a good pop rock composition. breakdowns were on point and the vocal seemed right for the track. I'm no mix guy, it sounded fine to me. good stuff
Thank you, wavephonic. I really appreciate your words. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

User avatar
htcnext2
Banned
852 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:29 am

How to play that song? All links seem to be dead..

User avatar
sbj
KVRian
1251 posts since 17 Aug, 2012 from Old Zealand

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 am

The only thing I would change in this song when it comes to the mix is actually the bass.
As I heard it the bass could be "pulled" back quite a bit and still deliver what is needed for this type of song.
Thereby leaving some more room for the vocals and guitars.

All said it is a nice tune so :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination - Mark Twain
-

enroe
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1713 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:49 am

htcnext2 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:29 am
How to play that song? All links seem to be dead..
Ohh sorry.

I tested all links with Firefox, Chrom, QUPzilla, Edge ...
all working here. Strange! Mmmmh? :?: :(
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1713 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:49 am

sbj wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 am
The only thing I would change in this song when it comes to the mix is actually the bass.
As I heard it the bass could be "pulled" back quite a bit and still deliver what is needed
for this type of song.
Thereby leaving some more room for the vocals and guitars.

All said it is a nice tune so :tu:
Thank you, sbj!

We'll have a look at the bass level again. On what monitors
did you listen to it? Thanks for this hint!

PS: Interesting line from Mark Twain ... is he really right?
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

User avatar
sbj
KVRian
1251 posts since 17 Aug, 2012 from Old Zealand

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:34 am

enroe wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:49 am
sbj wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 am
The only thing I would change in this song when it comes to the mix is actually the bass.
As I heard it the bass could be "pulled" back quite a bit and still deliver what is needed
for this type of song.
Thereby leaving some more room for the vocals and guitars.

All said it is a nice tune so :tu:
Thank you, sbj!

We'll have a look at the bass level again. On what monitors
did you listen to it? Thanks for this hint!

PS: Interesting line from Mark Twain ... is he really right?
I'm listening on hi-fi speakers.

I guess the quote depends on how happiness is defined.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination - Mark Twain
-

enroe
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1713 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:09 am

sbj wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:34 am
I'm listening on hi-fi speakers.

I guess the quote depends on how happiness is defined.
Yes, I was asking, because some hi-fi speakers are a
bit bass-heavy, so that it sounds more pleasant. But no
matter - the special bass check is on the to-do list.
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.
Mark Twain is implying that reason could block the path
to happiness ... that could be :o, but I'm trying to combine
both: Sanity and wild life! :P
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”