Space Above Theory

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My most recent project finally escaped Melbourne lockdown purgatory where the mastering engineer is located. It's set to be released on CC Undefined records in the near future.

The last track on the album: https://soundcloud.com/eassae/wink
Last edited by eassae on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

ha nice :D
took some serious time.
i will have a listen later.
CC undefined?? is it yours?? some other well known ppl of this forum are there too...
and there is even... send a demo - button.
but i will not walk into such a trap again. know my limits.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Interesting listen (the track Wink), I liked how it went from almost dissonant parts to quite melodious ones, and back. It appeared a bit unfocused at first but I really got into it at the second listen.

The production is quite good.

Thanks for the download, will check out the other tracks later.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Hooray! Finally it's ready. Been waiting since the summer. Quite a turn it has taken :D

Love the collage of electronic and acoustic. "Open", "Aether" and "Wink" offer a slightly different taste and really stand out!

Sometimes I wish more depth on the piano. The acoustic energy that samples alone can't achieve. Have you tried Pianoteq?

tomtom1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:19 pm ha nice :D
took some serious time.
i will have a listen later.
Yeah, I was beginning to wonder if Dan was ever going to let it happen. Thanks for checking it out.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:28 pm Interesting listen (the track Wink), I liked how it went from almost dissonant parts to quite melodious ones, and back. It appeared a bit unfocused at first but I really got into it at the second listen.

The production is quite good.

Thanks for the download, will check out the other tracks later.
Yeah, I tend to try to fit a whole story into a song anymore, instead of chapters.

Thanks for listening, and you're welcome for the download.
eassae.com

shawshawraw wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:09 pm Hooray! Finally it's ready. Been waiting since the summer. Quite a turn it has taken :D

Love the collage of electronic and acoustic. "Open", "Aether" and "Wink" offer a slightly different taste and really stand out!

Sometimes I wish more depth on the piano. The acoustic energy that samples alone can't achieve. Have you tried Pianoteq?
Thanks very much shawshawraw:D I always really appreciate your feedback.

I haven't tried Pianoteq, but I'll check it out. I was also looking at the VSL Bosendorfer 280VC that jancivil recommended at some point.

For this album I mainly use NI Noire, and a few of the pianos from EastWest.

I've started passively working a a few new tracks, but nothing is coming of them yet. I feel kind of tapped out after the eight months it took to produce this album.
eassae.com

shawshawraw wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:09 pm Have you tried Pianoteq?
This is interesting that it's modeled instead of samples. Maybe I'll get it for the holidays?
eassae.com

creative and cool, loved that diving bass synth, great choice of sounds that you made work together beautifly

wavephonic wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 pm creative and cool, loved that diving bass synth, great choice of sounds that you made work together beautifly
Thanks wavephonic :tu:
eassae.com

That must have been a very frustrating wait. Glad everything finally worked out satisfactorily.

I just listened to the track on SoundCloud, and the mastering sounds good. (I assume that this is the latest version, given the recent upload date).

I think I forgot to mention this in my reply on the original thread, but I love the artful inclusion of the Britney riff at 1:17 :wink:

Good work and congratulations :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:21 am That must have been a very frustrating wait. Glad everything finally worked out satisfactorily.

I just listened to the track on SoundCloud, and the mastering sounds good. (I assume that this is the latest version, given the recent upload date).

I think I forgot to mention this in my reply on the original thread, but I love the artful inclusion of the Britney riff at 1:17 :wink:

Good work and congratulations :)
Thanks for listening seismic1, and yes, this is the final final.

Good catch on the riff, I wanted to see if I could throw a standard pop 1456 in there for the transition, and it worked…for me anyway:) There's another track where I pop in the theme to star wars briefly, or swan lake depending on your musical taste.
eassae.com

I'm going to take down the download link at the end of the day, so it's last call.
eassae.com

Unique and creative, and interesting to listen to.
Well done, sir.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm Unique and creative, and interesting to listen to.
Well done, sir.
Thanks Bansaw :tu:
eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”