Anthem no. 1 [oldschool Jungle/DnB-track]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi folks,
down there you'll find an somehow oldschool jungle? - dnb? - track. sometimes it is super cheesy...
but overall it has some really nice moments. i made few minor changes, if you don't know it it is not audible...

any comments are highly appreciated - if you like it - let me know - if you don't - let me know...
have a nice day!!

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-818605447/anthem-v2
Last edited by tomtom1 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Cool. I think the harpsicord sounding thing could really sing out when it comes in at :50 by adding another layer or two in a higher register. Maybe even a very subtle vocalish soprano layer.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:01 pm Cool. I think the harpsicord sounding thing could really sing out when it comes in at :50 by adding another layer or two in a higher register. Maybe even a very subtle vocalish soprano layer.
hi eassae,
ah i understand what you mean. I felt different. For me the main "heroic" part was the bass, and the harpsichord-like sound just the accompagnement. But it is a great idea to think about.

The fact that you didn't mention the drums -> so i guess they are "alright"?! I still think they are way too loud :) - but it sounds good on different speakers, even on my television.

Thanks a lot for listening and your comment!
myself in 2022

In general, I think the mix is clear and balanced. Perhaps the bass which comes in at 0:24 could be more prominent but that could be tricky with the drums chewing up so many frequencies.

I'm not into DnB but I found it an enjoyable listen. :)

Frantz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 am I'm not into DnB but I found it an enjoyable listen. :)
i am not into DnB, too... not really. i think my track is overall something different than the classic DnB. my last track, would be mor your "cup of tea" i guess (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=573280). but thanks a lot that you took some time and listened to this track anyway. :)
myself in 2022

This reminds me so much of orbital for some reason. loving it. the drums do sound a little back in the mix, where most dnb the drums and the bassline sit a lot more forward.. the bassline is there but i feel like the drums arent quite. (thats not neccesarily a bad thing just what my ears are hearing over a couple of listens) loving the track though :)

In addition to the drum'n bass rhythm, the saw-wave theme stands out.
The number of changes is initially high. At around 2:00 min., a very strange
sound is added - mmh?

From 2:40 onwards, I have the feeling that the track seems coherent
and clear, and that it has a more uniform character.

Overall: A nice little auditory excursion! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:40 am The number of changes is initially high.
oh yes... i know. I can't do it any other way. that makes my classic background. I can't listen to steve reich or phillip glass for long. i am so used to more complex structures. although this one is actually relatively simple, for me it feels like this:

intro (till: 50) - A - A'- B - B' - A - A' - end section (which is a looped A' section + some vocals)
while writing this down... i get the feeling: oh man this is way, way too simple... :D
enroe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:40 am At around 2:00 min., a very strange
sound is added - mmh?
:D it is a vocal sample. she says: wicked - plastic
okay now i know that it isnt understandable :D
enroe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:40 am Overall: A nice little auditory excursion!
thanks a lot for your time and comment. i appreciate it! have a nice day!
myself in 2022

slippery ninja wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:04 am This reminds me so much of orbital for some reason. loving it. the drums do sound a little back in the mix, where most dnb the drums and the bassline sit a lot more forward.. the bassline is there but i feel like the drums arent quite. (thats not neccesarily a bad thing just what my ears are hearing over a couple of listens) loving the track though :)
hi, thanks a lot for listening. i mixed the track, this time without any reference track. just what i would like to hear. i like the drums most of the time softer. for industrial standards they are sometimes too soft... i know :) - i often get the feedback that the kick needs more: umpfh :)

maybe the name DnB which i wrote in the topic, is a misleading. it is inspired, but the classic DnB is way more about Drums and Bass :D not so many melodies and harmonies and structural changes :)

tbh i don't know any tracks of orbital. i know just that they exist. will listen to some tracks of them.
myself in 2022

You have done a fantastic job here. Really enjoyed this. Love the bass. Already some great advice from everyone so not much to add really. But yeah, definitely back the breaks up with a lovely kick to accompany that juicy bassline :tu: :)
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:23 am You have done a fantastic job here. Really enjoyed this. Love the bass. Already some great advice from everyone so not much to add really. But yeah, definitely back the breaks up with a lovely kick to accompany that juicy bassline :tu: :)
thanks for your time and that you listened to it. yeah the drums... i really thought that they are way, way too loud. now i listened on some headphones... wasn't the case. i am always a bit unsure about their loudness (personally i don't like the beats that loud, but i know it's standard) - will probably have to overcome the personal inhibition threshold one day ...
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”