Two new electronic/synthwave/pop tracks (pre release stage)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First one is probably almost done, except vocals... it really should have vocals. I wrote 2/3 of lyrics, but as always will dump the idea when I finally hear myself singing. :/
https://soundcloud.com/vertlain/80s-4/s ... al_sharing

The other one is an old idea re-done, but still unsure if I should go in this direction. Nobody cares about cinematic electro-disco xD
https://soundcloud.com/vertlain/ending- ... al_sharing

Any obvious mistakes production-wise?
Music, just like tortilla, is no fun without a bit of "cheese". :clown:
soundcloud.com/vertlain

The kick + snare non-stop for 4mn puts me to sleep, you could do more drum variations.

I like the first one. I think you would have to remove some parts to make room for vocals since the arrangement is already quite full. I think it works well as an instrumental too.

Nice job. :tu:

I liked the first one. Sounds like (almost) finished production. The electric guitar in the last chorus feels buried in the mix too much.

The drums in the second track feels too loud and too bright. It seems that this track was intended to be more calm and dreamy, so lowering the level of drum mix and blending them into reverb could solve the problem.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Liked the vibe and the sound choices :tu:
Mixing-wise, the 1st track seemed a bit one-dimensional. Could do with some width and depth, it seemed 'flat'.
2nd track didn't seem so flat.

Is that a ring modulator I hear in the first track? I liked this one. I think it works fine as an instrumental but agree with the above that you'd have to remove some stuff to fit vocals in there.

Second track has a nice dark vibe to it. I think it would work very well in a soundtrack. But yeah, the drums are WAY too loud. Almost knocked me out of my seat when they came in. I do like that snare though. What sample did you use?

Return to “Music Cafe”